Author Topic: My Allendale Township Open Carry Experiences  (Read 3474 times)

Offline TheElk

My Allendale Township Open Carry Experiences
« on: July 01, 2010, 09:42:38 AM »
I've been leaving tri-folds at my barber shop (Mr. Al's) on Lake Michigan Dr. in Allendale and they are starting to disappear! I want to add some of my experiences in here in case anyone from around Allendale was curious about the local Open Carry climate.

My first few OC experiences were pumping gas at the Mobile station, not even going inside. This was a small step to help instill some confidence in what I was doing was right. Since then I've OCed a lot and in lots of places with no problems whatsoever.

In Allendale I've OCed:

In the Township Park, Walgreens, True Value Hardware, Mr. Al's Barber Shop, Admiral Gas Station, Dollar General, Mobile Gas Station, Subway. I'm sure there are other places that I haven't thought of, but you get the idea...

Before I started OCing I bought a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for my Glock 19 (Compact 9mm), and that is what I started to Open Carry. I hope this helps. Always keep a digital voice recorder running while OCing!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:27:49 PM by TheElk »
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
Re: My Allendale Township Open Carry Experiences
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 12:29:55 AM »
I've been leaving tri-folds at my barber shop (Mr. Al's) on Lake Michigan Dr. in Allendale and they are starting to disappear! I want to add some of my experiences in here in case anyone from around Allendale was curious about the local Open Carry climate.

My first few OC experiences were pumping gas at the Mobile station, not even going inside. This was a small step to help instill some confidence in what I was doing was right. Since then I've OCed a lot and in lots of places with no problems whatsoever.

In Allendale I've OCed:

In the Township Park, Walgreens, True Value Hardware, Mr. Al's Barber Shop, Admiral Gas Station, Dollar General, Mobile Gas Station, Subway. I'm sure there are other places that I haven't thought of, but you get the idea...

Before I started OCing I bought a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for my Glock 19 (Compact 9mm), and that is what I started to Open Carry. I hope this helps. Always keep a digital voice recorder running while OCing!

I have not had any problems in Allendale either... I usually open-carry at the speedway station, the Walgreens, and the Family Fare about 4-5 times a month.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).