Author Topic: We should have a rally on 3 (Sunday the 2nd) March in GR  (Read 21646 times)

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: We should have a rally on 3 (Sunday the 2nd) March in GR
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2014, 09:02:47 PM »
Rest assured Ez. If I was being critical it would have been noted. I may have confused you for another fellow from the Monroe area. If I am thinking of the right fellow you are a veteran. Stocky build darker hair? Sat across the table from Doug & I?
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »
My post deleted by most likely by the Q - was in reference to what options were available if: a permit was needed, but could not be obtained in time, and signs* could not be carried. March all you want - good on you for doing so - but without signs the concern would be: without everyone wearing leg drop holsters, who in the public will notice folks OCing in winter clothes? Not many in my experience. The linked protest was one of the more successful ones in MI, IMHO. And the former presidents of MOC (Mr. Roshek & Mr. Webb) both appeared and presented themselves well.

(Admin/Pat/q offending links removed)
Google Birmingham MI gun enthusiast protest arrest.

Another very successful event - Constitutional Carry rally.
Google constitutional carry rally Lansing MI

The common denominator = MOC leadership was not really onboard with either.

My point - hindsight is 20/20 if one chooses to utilize it. MOC has great potential IMHO, if we learn from past successes and failures. Just my honest opinion - YMMV.

Carry on from a paying member since April of 2010. 

Repost - with edits to remove links that are said to violate forum dictates???
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:40:24 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: We should have a rally on 3 March in GR
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »
Why? If a bunch of people were planning on meeting there without firearms do you think they would call them? We say carrying is normal and then we do abnormal things like calling restaurants to see if they care if we bring them business?

When the public is watching, we want to make sure things don't blow up in our face. If the news covers the event, they would definitely mention us being kicked out of a restaurant, and then our entire message would be overshadowed.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2014, 09:39:54 PM »
Rest assured Ez. If I was being critical it would have been noted. I may have confused you for another fellow from the Monroe area. If I am thinking of the right fellow you are a veteran. Stocky build darker hair? Sat across the table from Doug & I?

Veteran and stocky build yes as well as dark hair. Perhaps we did meet and I just don't remember, I am lousy with names.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2014, 09:41:29 PM »
Veteran and stocky build yes as well as dark hair. Perhaps we did meet and I just don't remember, I am lousy with names.
"Stocky"?!?!?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2014, 09:41:50 PM »
@ez - me too. No worries mate. :)
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: We should have a rally on 3 (Sunday the 2nd) March in GR
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »
"Stocky"?!?!?

Now be nice...we all can't be as suave as you Pat. ;) To date you are the only MOC member that's been able to pull off the pony tail look.
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
We should have a rally on 3 (Sunday the 2nd) March in GR
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »

Now be nice...we all can't be as suave as you Pat. ;) To date you are the only MOC member that's been able to pull off the pony tail look.

I know one of our members named Carrie who wears a ponytail regularly.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: We should have a rally on 3 (Sunday the 2nd) March in GR
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2014, 10:13:19 PM »
I know one of our members named Carrie who wears a ponytail regularly.

Fair point.
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2014, 08:34:49 AM »
20$ says the same little old lady calls the police... I can her the 911 recording now..... I just got out of church and they are 50 people wearing camo with pistols all on there legs!! Its alarming!!
I kind of doubt it. Did you listen to the call? She didn't know if it was legal, she was taught it was. She may not like it but she now knows open carry is legal.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc