Author Topic: Austin Police - 100 yrd shot  (Read 2400 times)

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Austin Police - 100 yrd shot
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/05/austin-cop-sure-shot-stopped-crazed-gunman/

Holding the reins of two horses with one hand, Austin Police Sgt. Adam Johnson raised his service pistol and fired a bullseye into the target some 312 feet away.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Austin Police - 100 yrd shot
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 10:43:19 PM »
I would have dropped the reigns to use two hands.  The distance isn't as great as the steadiness of one hand.  Using Kentucky windage isn't unusual, although at 100 yards it is.  Good shot.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Re: Austin Police - 100 yrd shot
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 05:45:59 PM »
I was on a rifle range and got curious about shooting my Glock17 out to 100yrds.  At that distance, you'd be surprised how well a one handed stance is.  Think old western, civil war pistol stances.  90 degrees from target, arm fully extended.  Sight alignment is more accurate the farther the pistol is from your face.  But, quick follow up shots are near impossible.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36