Author Topic: Rick Snyder.  (Read 7087 times)

Offline casper

Rick Snyder.
« on: January 28, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »
I sent him a message and this was his "staffs" response. (Rick Snyder is pro 2nd amendment.)
Bend over and insert sunshine. ::)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: Rick Snyder.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:48:51 AM »
So is Bloombergs Moms Demand Action group.  :o

Offline Raggs

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »
You will not find a politician who says "well gee, I am against the 2nd Amendment" what they do is something entirely different.
There are also degrees as to how pro 2A people are. Some are pro OC, like here. Some are pro lgoc or Concealed carry and some are constitutional carry advocates. Often you hear "I support the 2nd Amendment but... "

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:59:12 AM »
I watched a very pro 2A person talk to a candidate running for office in a semi social event.  It was fasinating as he twisted the candidate from being anti firearms to pro firearms.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 01:03:26 PM »
Anyone who says, "I am pro 2A but (or except for) ......."   Obviously doesn't understand what "Shall not be infringed" means.  Sigh. 

The Second Amendment is the only place in the Bill of Rights where our founding fathers used the words. "Shall not be infringed"

Offline Raggs

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 01:08:59 PM »
How many gun bills has Gov Snyder actually received? and vetoed?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Rick Snyder.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 01:21:46 PM »
Mayor Heartwell says that he's owned guns too...so did Mitt Romney (wait -- they are his kid's gun that he stores at his cabin...)
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 03:18:27 PM »
How many gun bills has Gov Snyder actually received? and vetoed?

I believe there have been discussions where the governor has stated that he is against something, and will veto something if he sees it on his desk, so the issue doesn't go forward.  The political reality is that there are X number of legislators who would vote for a given pro-2A bill, enough to make it law, but only Y number that would vote to override a veto, not enough to override.  Some legislators, for whatever reason, do not want to buck the governor.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:44:15 PM by gryphon »

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 03:39:19 PM »
I believe there have been discussions where the mayor has stated that he is against something, and will veto something if he sees it on his desk, so the issue doesn't go forward.  The political reality is that there are X number of legislators who would vote for a given pro-2A bill, enough to make it law, but only Y number that would vote to override a veto, not enough to override.  Some legislators, for whatever reason, do not want to buck the governor.
Because he is the Progressive RINO in charge of the state party and it is against the rules to go against him.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »
"Because he is the Progressive RHINO in charge of the state party and it is against the rules to go against him.

FIFY

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 04:33:59 PM »
"Because he is the Progressive RHINO in charge of the state party and it is against the rules to go against him.

FIFY
What's a RHINO?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Raggs

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 04:42:20 PM »
What's a RHINO?

Republican Hack in name only

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=rhino&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ayXoUuTnJcSRrgHbuIH4Dg&ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=955

a mammal indigenous to mostly africa and parts of asia, their horn is considered a premium item and comes at a price

short for Rhinoceros

:) :)

Offline Jeff

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 04:53:57 PM »

a mammal indigenous to mostly africa and parts of asia, their horn is considered a premium item and comes at a price

short for Rhinoceros

WIN

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 05:15:39 PM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=rhino&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ayXoUuTnJcSRrgHbuIH4Dg&ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=955

short for Rhinoceros

So what's that got to do with fixing RINO?

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 12:38:18 PM »
nothing i felt like being a smart A**

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
nothing i felt like being a smart A**
Oh, I see. No problem.
I thought I was missing some new political term.