Author Topic: Silver Bullet on CC and OC  (Read 6376 times)

Offline Jeff

Re: Silver Bullet on CC and OC
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:18:26 PM »
Can't even finish reading that.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:27:59 PM »
Silver Bullet Firearms is against Constitutional Carry.  They think Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Vermont, and Wyoming have it wrong.  They think everyone should have to attend state-approved firearms training classes and purchase a license from the government for the "privilege" of carrying a firearm for self-defense.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:35:53 PM »
Silver Bullet Firearms is against Constitutional Carry.  They think Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Vermont, and Wyoming have it wrong.  They think everyone should have to attend state-approved firearms training classes and purchase a license from the government for the "privilege" of carrying a firearm for self-defense.

In other words $$$$$$$

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:38:13 PM »
Well, they do make money off of CPL training.  Just sayin'.

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 08:55:19 PM »
Well, they do make money off of CPL training.  Just sayin'.

In economics, we call that rent seeking.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 09:30:08 PM »
In the real world of guns we call that a Fudd!

"I support your right, BUT it's wrong."

When I see "but", I know that everything preceding it is a lie.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 01:57:05 AM »
Some open carry advocates insist that an openly carried firearm acts as a deterrent. While that may be entirely true in some cases, it can also attract some unwanted attention in others. It’s a known fact that that criminal intent is typically to look for the easy mark who will offer little to no resistance. After all, if the average, opportunistic criminal were dedicated to hard work and a challenge, they would work as many hours as you and I do in an honest trade! If you encountered a two-bit, part time thug, I would definitely agree that an openly carried firearm may deter them from attacking someone who appears to be very willing to use force to protect themselves since they don’t want to get into a gunfight any more than you do.

The game changes if you encounter the street hardened banger thug who would just as soon shoot you as look at you if by seeing your firearm advertised he thought you may be a force to be reckoned with. If a violent attacker knows that there is the ability of resistance, they may escalate the situation right from the start. We are talking about violent criminals having no reservations of getting into a battle with a law enforcement officer who they know carries a gun and has years of firearms training associated with that badge. What makes you think that they will be deterred by you, average Joe or Jane-Citizen, walking around with a firearm visible on your hip?

... no $#|t, Shirlock.

So basically, if you conceal, you could look like an easier target, and have a reduced draw time.

Who the hell is this ass clown?

To hell with this clown and Silver Bullet if that's how they're going to operate. Adding them to my 'do not patronize' list along with Total Firearms.

Full disclosure: Yes, I just did get back from the NCO club. No, I'm not stumble over drunk. Yes, I speak my mind when I see bullshit. No, I couldn't finish reading the article.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 08:36:35 AM »
Well everyone, meet my CPL instructor. While we're at it, any guesses on who my lawyer was?

While I paid more for my class than what other places in the area were charging, I felt that I received what I paid for. I felt both their instructors and lawyers were top notch and took no issue giving them a hearty recommendation. I didn't like their stance on OC, but I figured it was more important to receive a quality education. Especially in this area.

Despite Mike Visser's and Silver Bullet's stance on OC, I still feel safe recommending them to other people. That being said, there are now more options in town that I have heard good things about, though I cannot speak personally to their quality.

I will be writing to Silver Bullet to try to schedule at meeting to talk about this with them. I'll keep you posted.

PS - I believe SB was an affiliate member before the membership type was done away with.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 11:49:13 AM »
... no $#|t, Shirlock.

So basically, if you conceal, you could look like an easier target, and have a reduced draw time.

Who the hell is this ass clown?

To hell with this clown and Silver Bullet if that's how they're going to operate. Adding them to my 'do not patronize' list along with Total Firearms.

Full disclosure: Yes, I just did get back from the NCO club. No, I'm not stumble over drunk. Yes, I speak my mind when I see bullshit. No, I couldn't finish reading the article.
What were you doing at the NCO club? Fraternizing? ;)
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »

I will be writing to Silver Bullet to try to schedule at meeting to talk about this with them. I'll keep you posted.

Mike is a genuinely nice guy and was very helpful to personally when I first started shooting IDPA at South Kent.  I don't agree with some of his statements but I believe that he would be happy to talk with you ..... not sure you can change his opinion but talking will be good.

My wife, DIL, various nieces and nephews, and I all took basic firearm safety class at SB.  They did an excellent job and I have recommended them to many others.  My wife and I took our CPL class from Bill Lyons and it was a very comfortable experience for both of us.  My wife didn't want to to take the CPL class at SB with 20 people in the room and Bill taught in his living room with only 10 other students.  Sue was the only gal (except the Deputy Sheriff!) and she was very much at ease. 

Thanks for all you are doing to promote OC Tom!   ;D

Offline 91 whiskey

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 05:53:32 PM »
They don't poo poo oc in their store and aside from the way overpriced Gander Mountain store near Rivertown they have the biggest firearm selection in the area.  He can have his opinion on OC.   Hopefully it changes at some point but it won't stop me from going there.
Elephants and Asses
Screwing The Masses.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 07:43:55 PM »
He can have his opinion on OC.

We weren't disparaging his opinion of OC as much as we were his assertion that citizens should not be allowed to freely carry firearms, that we should be mandated to take training and pay for a government license to carry for self-defense.

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 11:45:27 PM »
What were you doing at the NCO club? Fraternizing? ;)

Er, well, it's actually open to everyone. Just used to calling it an NCO club.

I was, however, talking with NCOs.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 07:17:29 AM »
Generally speaking I like their store. Although his take on open carry does bother me. He may have a point that if you are ocing and a hardend gang banger sees you that you may be the first target. But generally speaking, most people will never encounter  a situation like that. And more than likely, even if you weren't open carrying, you'd still be a target so it wouldn't make much of a difference. But the other 99% of the time it will do more good than bad to open carry.
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 08:22:03 AM »
Generally speaking I like their store. Although his take on open carry does bother me. He may have a point that if you are ocing and a hardend gang banger sees you that you may be the first target. But generally speaking, most people will never encounter  a situation like that. And more than likely, even if you weren't open carrying, you'd still be a target so it wouldn't make much of a difference. But the other 99% of the time it will do more good than bad to open carry.

First shot, they'll take your firearm under gun point, any other OWT I've missed?

Even a gang banger doesn't want to get into a gun fight, and now they know you can defend yourself.

If the store doesn't support ALL OF 2A, then I wouldn't go in there.

Offline Zeteo

• First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 09:04:03 AM »
I respect the guys right to have an opinion. I don't agree with everything I see posted on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter! I have opinions too. Some of his opinions may be right on the money, some of them may be way off base. And sure, maybe he is a good CPL instructor, but that has nothing to do with the OC/CC debate.

What bothers me about this, is it's an opinion piece, posted on the stores webpage. If the guy wants to have his opinion heard, post in on a forum somewhere. Write an article for that awful M-Live, whatever. But as a business owner, I would not let that drivel be presented on my store's website, representing me to the buying public.
No law ever prevented a crime.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 09:10:53 AM »
From the article "I will carry my firearm concealed out of respect for you and everyone else around me."
Can someone explain the lack of respect that we have because of openly carrying a firearm? Is it more respectful to sneak around carrying a firearm? So when we walk into Silver Bullet OCing he feels disrespected?

Offline 91 whiskey

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 03:10:08 PM »
We weren't disparaging his opinion of OC as much as we were his assertion that citizens should not be allowed to freely carry firearms, that we should be mandated to take training and pay for a government license to carry for self-defense.
I realize that and I agree completely.   I'm one of the last people that you'd ever hear say that anything should be mandated.:)
Elephants and Asses
Screwing The Masses.