Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

OCing with a loaded weapon

(1/3) > >>

IrishCarBomb:
Is Michigan much like California where you pistol must be unloaded? Does a CPL make any difference?

Bronson:
No and no.

There are no restrictions in MI on carrying your firearm loaded, type of ammunition, or condition of carry (cocked & locked, unchambered, chambered with hammer decocked, retention holster, etc).  I carry a full sized 1911 loaded in magazine and chamber with Corbon DPX, in the cocked and locked configuration.  Having a CPL changes nothing in this regard.

Bronson

IrishCarBomb:
Good, because I have been open carrying for a few weeks now with my HK USP with FMJ and Hydrashock alternating rounds.

wardog6t:

--- Quote from: IrishCarBomb on July 03, 2010, 03:51:49 PM ---Good, because I have been open carrying for a few weeks now with my HK USP with FMJ and Hydrashock alternating rounds.

--- End quote ---

If you do not understand the law in regards to OC you probably should not OC. IMO Until you are fully aware and totally understand the all carry laws.

autosurgeon:

--- Quote from: IrishCarBomb on July 03, 2010, 03:51:49 PM ---Good, because I have been open carrying for a few weeks now with my HK USP with FMJ and Hydrashock alternating rounds.

--- End quote ---

Personally I would not recommend alternating rounds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version