Author Topic: Thank you pat and phil  (Read 5149 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
Thank you pat and phil
« on: February 02, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
I attended the seminar on friday in flint. Going in knew most of what was discussed. The main reason i went was to see how the presentation was. I was heading from detroit to midland for the weekend. Flint was on the way. I got to meet phil our president an pat the SE regional co-ordinator. My thoughts on the presention were all positive. One suggestion i would give is to maybe print a cheat sheet with the mcl numbers that pertain to firearms. This would prevent people from having to write them down and give them some laws to research and understand on their own. All in all i was quite impressed with the level of professionalism pat an phil had while representing the orginazation. I had the pleasure of joining the dynamic duo of open carry for dinner after the seminar at a local coney island. I look forward to seeing them again at another seminar or a organinzation wide function.

Keep up the good work pat and phil!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Re: Thank you pat and phil
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 03:43:29 PM »
One suggestion i would give is to maybe print a cheat sheet with the mcl numbers that pertain to firearms. This would prevent people from having to write them down and give them some laws to research and understand on their own.

The trifolds have the laws in the, as well as MSP 86. Both should have been available.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
One of the reasons I like doing the seminars is that I get to meet the membership. And this time was no different.

Passing out the MOC tri-folds provides the attendees with the statutes we discuss. It also has a bit of an outline of them for individuals to reference when researching later on. However, it is a presentation technique to have the attendees write the statutes down and to take some notes. It aids in the retention of the information. it's part of the interaction with the audience.

Thanks for joining us SD40VE at the seminar. And we hope that you'll hang out with us at future events.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:02:11 AM »
One of the reasons I like doing the seminars is that I get to meet the membership. And this time was no different.

Passing out the MOC tri-folds provides the attendees with the statutes we discuss. It also has a bit of an outline of them for individuals to reference when researching later on. However, it is a presentation technique to have the attendees write the statutes down and to take some notes. It aids in the retention of the information. it's part of the interaction with the audience.

Thanks for joining us SD40VE at the seminar. And we hope that you'll hang out with us at future events.

i will be attending more events throughout metro detroit and mid michigan as my schedule allows. yes i too have a day job that can be a PITA at times