Author Topic: Officials in Conn stunned by lack of gun registrations  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
Officials in Conn stunned by lack of gun registrations
« on: February 13, 2014, 07:47:39 AM »
Officials in Connecticut Stunned by What Could Be a Massive, State-Wide Act of ‘Civil Disobedience’ by Gun Owners.  Many gun owners failed to register their firearms.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/13/tens-of-thousands-of-connecticut-gun-owners-may-be-staging-a-massive-act-of-civil-disobedience/

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Officials in Conn stunned by lack of gun registrations
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:18:11 AM »
Yep.  We linked a story in the Jan 2014 newsletter that--when taking into account guns and magazines--estimates compliance at four percent.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 01:25:33 AM »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 08:20:59 AM »
name one country with confiscation that didn't start with registration.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:21:54 AM »
Thanks for that link, Pat.  I have downloaded that and am interested in reading it.  I have already quickly perused it, and the author makes good points.  I agree with his conclusion, and would even go further and state, not that legislators are deluding themselves, but are outright lying as the end goal must be total confiscation.  That is the only type of supply-side regulation (i.e., gun control) that even makes sense, and in the United States, the rate of non-compliance would be great.