Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

shoulder holster oc?

(1/13) > >>

SD40VE:
this was brought up to me last night by a friend who usually OC with a blackhawk serpa. he was looking at galco miami classic and bulldog extreme shoulder rigs. he wanted to know of the legalities when using one of these as typically they tuck under your arm which some may consider concealed. (the IWB holster comments from the seminar reminded of this kind of situation)

Jeff:
They are still clearly visible.  But you can always get the jerk cop claiming that it's concealed no matter where you carry it at or on.  If it's still visible, it's not concealed.

TheQ:
The question of fact (which will be presented to a jury at a jury trial) will be:

"Based on the evidence you have been given, has it been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the firearm was not readily observable to a casual observer?"

The answer to that question depends on the jury.

gryphon:
I don't know of anyone who thinks shoulder rigs are comfortable.  Gun forums are full of posts by people who have them but hate to wear them.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: gryphon on February 13, 2014, 09:11:17 AM ---I don't know of anyone who things shoulder rigs are comfortable.  Gun forums are full of posts by people who have them but hate to wear them.

--- End quote ---

I bought a super crappy one for like $13 just to get an idea of it.  It was so bad though that I need something better that doesn't flop around.  I only liked the idea of a shoulder holster so that I can wear it around the house and still be in cotton shorts and a T'shirt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version