Author Topic: shoulder holster oc?  (Read 40724 times)

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Re: shoulder holster oc?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 06:20:03 AM »
Hey, Pond Scum, what do you think of that 1911 and those grips?

Its a good looking setup but I think it needs more color to liven it up!   Maybe the snake should have some red eyes ..... or better yet, some Spartan Green Emeralds for eyes!   :D

Offline Jeff

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 06:29:58 AM »
Or be a Glock.  That would improve it quite a bit.   :-*

If I had a 1911, I saw some really cool looking "zombie" grips one time that I would probably put on mine.  I can't find an image of them though :(

OHHH found them. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/317485/hogue-grips-1911-government-commander-gloss-aluminum-zombie-green

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 10:30:19 AM »
Mine is a Galco VSR with the Jackass harness.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 10:41:59 AM »
Or be a Glock.  That would improve it quite a bit.   :-*

If I had a 1911, I saw some really cool looking "zombie" grips one time that I would probably put on mine.  I can't find an image of them though :(

OHHH found them. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/317485/hogue-grips-1911-government-commander-gloss-aluminum-zombie-green
I like those. They're kinda cute.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Jeff

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 11:28:59 AM »
Heck yeah, id bang'em

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »
I never carried a 1911 in a shoulder holster.  I have a Galco lite SH and it is not so good.  My favorite shoulder holster is a Masters that I set up with both a LH and RH holster for Bersa UC's.  I figured if I was going to carry a spare mag to balance out the weight I may as well carry it in a gun!  It works very nicely and is quite comfortable.  I like it for driving and it works well to wear in the winter under loose fitting sweaters.  Not as fast on the draw as OC or OWB.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »
Fastest reload is a BUG.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Jeff

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2014, 05:06:05 PM »
You sure about that? :D

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 11:09:34 PM »
Whoa there!!! Is that a Glock in a Serpa?!?!?

Serpas are used by U.S. Special Operations Command, U.S. Marine Corps, the German Army, the British Army, and many police forces. 

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 06:12:29 PM »
Serpas are used by U.S. Special Operations Command, U.S. Marine Corps, the German Army, the British Army, and many police forces. 
So?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 09:38:13 PM »
Just sayin'.  ;D

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 10:54:48 PM »
Oh. ;-)

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 12:34:05 AM »

And by me!       ;D

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 08:12:26 AM »
i know pat ima surprised the guy in the pic didnt shoot himself! that cant be safe

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2014, 09:32:44 AM »
got a miami classic from michigun in SCS. nice little shop, never had been but they had one for the m&p 9/40 in stock in black like i wanted. also got a 10% discount on it. was a costly accessory though. very comforable

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »
got a miami classic from michigun in SCS. nice little shop, never had been but they had one for the m&p 9/40 in stock in black like i wanted. also got a 10% discount on it. was a costly accessory though. very comforable
Costly... yes. But well worth it. Mine is still in great shape and comfortable, even after over 25 years.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 11:04:57 AM »
indeed. i look forward to owning it as long as i own that firearm. dont see myself selling that one any time soon. love it too much

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2014, 09:36:42 AM »
as far as CCW

#3 on jury instructions

(3) Second, that this pistol was concealed on or about the person of the defendant. Complete invisibility is not required. A pistol is concealed if it cannot easily be seen by those who come into ordinary contact with the defendant.

there it is

doesch

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »
I use the Spera Shoulder Rig with my Px4 anytime I'm driving for more than 2 hours, I find it much more comfortable & easier to access than any other style of holster from a seated position. In the summer I just wear a t-shirt and during the rest of the year I usually have a jacket over it; I usually pack an extra holster or BUG for use at my destination.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 10:49:18 AM »
from jury instruction #3 i would not assume a shoulder rig is considered concealed. my galco is black. i rarely wear a black shirt with it, gives it contrast. makes it stick out. after all that's the whole point of OC we want people to see and know we are not a threat just because we have a pistol on our person