Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

shoulder holster oc?

<< < (2/13) > >>

SD40VE:

--- Quote from: Jeff on February 13, 2014, 09:15:31 AM ---I bought a super crappy one for like $13 just to get an idea of it.  It was so bad though that I need something better that doesn't flop around.  I only liked the idea of a shoulder holster so that I can wear it around the house and still be in cotton shorts and a T'shirt.

--- End quote ---

thats his idea as well, pj pants and a tshirt, he has a 1911 he wants to carry in home, he went out and got a $50 bulldog extreme nylon holster. its exactly like mine, i have my cpl so its not a issue for me but he does not as he has one of the 8 year DQ charges and cannot get his cpl. he also wants to be able to go out in summer and do yard work or go to the park and not worry about being detained or arrested for concealing without a cpl since thats a 5 year felony

i know we had discussed IWB holsters and open carry and if it was open carry. its kind of the same concept. you can see the handle and back end of the gun, the front of the holster is generally covered by your arm

Jeff:
Well, he can still conceal on his own property, so doing yard work even if it ends up being concealed at certain points wouldn't be an issue. 

Raggs:

--- Quote from: SD40VE on February 13, 2014, 08:23:30 AM ---this was brought up to me last night by a friend who usually OC with a blackhawk serpa. he was looking at galco miami classic and bulldog extreme shoulder rigs. he wanted to know of the legalities when using one of these as typically they tuck under your arm which some may consider concealed. (the IWB holster comments from the seminar reminded of this kind of situation)

--- End quote ---

I OC a shoulder holster often. I have done so at the Coast guard festival and Art Prize plus pretty much anywhere else I go. I find them more comfortable than an OWB personally. I have never received attention from LEO while carrying in this way.

CV67PAT:
The strap over the should needs to be wide, to keep from digging into the shoulder. The wider, the more comfortable. My Galco is 2 1/2 inches at it's widest point. Very comfortable for all day wear. But it wasn't $15 either.

autosurgeon:

--- Quote from: CV67PAT on February 14, 2014, 01:06:11 AM ---The strap over the should needs to be wide, to keep from digging into the shoulder. The wider, the more comfortable. My Galco is 2 1/2 inches at it's widest point. Very comfortable for all day wear. But it wasn't $15 either.

--- End quote ---

Yeah a good one is comfortable...nylon junk like uncle mikes... Are well... Junk and not comfortable. Expect to spend over 150.00 for a good rig.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version