Author Topic: Open Carry at car dealership (February 13, 2014)  (Read 3958 times)

Offline RCanton

• MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • First Name (Displayed): RCanton
Open Carry at car dealership (February 13, 2014)
« on: February 14, 2014, 09:37:33 PM »
I was at the car dealership and one of the sales guy is a cpl instructor who said he hates to open carry cause it makes you the first target and also if police respond, I for sure woukd have a gun pointed in my face. He was using an example of a banknrobber taking out an open carrier first. Lastly, he said he's a former nypd officer. I then politely informed him of legal update 86, which he said, "oh ya, im very familiar with that." I then informed him that there have been no cases where an open carrier has been targeted by a criminal and shot. Also, he kept saying CCW instead of CPL. I feel bad for whoever takes this guy's cpl course. Terrible!

Offline Jeff

Re: Open Carry at car dealership (February 13, 2014)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 06:23:43 AM »
Those Anti open carry people always say the same nonsense.

Why would I give up my "tactical advantage" by open carrying, I want the "element of surprise", and I don't want to be the "first one shot" because of open carrying.

REALLY?  It's a tactic to appear harmless causing your chances of being attacked to go up?  REALLY? you want to surprise the bad guy by actually having a gun, how about them knowing you aren't an easy target and not be attacked in the first place?

My CPL instructor was the same way, anytime anyone asks where I took it, I tell them and say NOT to go there.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:21:35 AM »
smae my CPL instructor told me once i got my CPL i would not be allowed to open carry. lmao. i think he also believes the world is flat..... either way i took his class to my little peice of paper that allows me to not have to unholster my pistol before getting into my truck. thats the only purpose it suits really for me :) OC > CC where law allows

Offline hells.saints

• First Name (Displayed): James
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:16:56 AM »
I took my CPL class with Rick Ector of detroitccw.com and legallyarmedindetroit.com. He covered the basics of OC and didn't discourage anyone from doing it.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 10:23:28 AM »
I took my CPL class with Rick Ector of detroitccw.com and legallyarmedindetroit.com. He covered the basics of OC and didn't discourage anyone from doing it.
That's because he knows the importance of self defense. And that OC is a integral part of the CPL statutes.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update