Author Topic: Mason Gun show  (Read 4002 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Mason Gun show
« on: July 04, 2010, 11:45:48 AM »
I OC'd my Springfield XDm 9mm through the Gun Show in Mason yesterday.  They put a pull tie around my trigger to hold it back.  A few people congratulated me for carrying it openly.  One vendor asked if I was willing to part with it.  I told him no and that I had just bought it last week.  Everyone treated me pretty much normally.

Then again, I don't think I should expect any hostility about OC from people at a gun show.  I carried it with me because I was shopping for accessories (namely lights) and I wanted to try them on before I bought them.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
Re: Mason Gun show
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 08:12:11 PM »
I OC'd my Springfield XDm 9mm through the Gun Show in Mason yesterday.  They put a pull tie around my trigger to hold it back.  A few people congratulated me for carrying it openly.  One vendor asked if I was willing to part with it.  I told him no and that I had just bought it last week.  Everyone treated me pretty much normally.

Then again, I don't think I should expect any hostility about OC from people at a gun show.  I carried it with me because I was shopping for accessories (namely lights) and I wanted to try them on before I bought them.

im assuming you didnt talk with total firearms? they would probably have said everything bad they could find in the dictionary to you...
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Mason Gun show
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:44:29 AM »
im assuming you didnt talk with total firearms? they would probably have said everything bad they could find in the dictionary to you...

I did not.  The person at the door who checked my gun watched me take the holster out of my case, and put it on my belt.  When he handed my firearm back to me he saw me put it in my holster.  *shrugs*.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).