Author Topic: Florida Carry  (Read 12812 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Florida Carry
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 04:49:32 AM »

Are those the ones that make it not brandishing so long as it's in a holster or on a sling?

That language is gone. "Stay tuned".
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Florida Carry
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 09:05:30 AM »
Will do. I think it is an important issue. Brandishing, while not widely used, is one of those charges that can just make a day miserable for some through "selective enforcement."
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 10:29:04 AM »
No.  No.  No.

I worry.   

When a policeman comes to my car window or stops me on the street and he "casually" rests his hand on the butt of his gun is that "Brandishing"???

I think it is but will they ever be arrested for it?  If I did that would I be arrested??

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 10:41:44 AM »
I worry.   

When a policeman comes to my car window or stops me on the street and he "casually" rests his hand on the butt of his gun is that "Brandishing"???

I think it is but will they ever be arrested for it?  If I did that would I be arrested??
Police officers are exempt in the statute.
In the presence of a LEO, doing that might cause a problem for you.
Intent, under other circumstances, would be the underlying determinant. If it were done to intimidate, a conviction could be probable.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update