Author Topic: Despite Ordinance, Gun Owners Openly Carry During GR City Commission Meeting Re  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Jeff

“I recommend that we buy a gently used airport scanner and put it right there at the door,"

Why so you can really crap your pants when you realize there are a bunch of people carrying concealed as well?  Or do they just want to hear all the beeps and have wasted money.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Unfortunately for the city, if they were to buy a scanner and attempt to use it, it would be illegal on a number of different levels.

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
Well I rcognized one of the LEO's in attendance that night while watching the video.  Went to HS with him.  Noticed that he sat down with his smart phone on.  He probably was looking at it the whole time.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:37:56 AM by Xpiatio »

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
what i dont get is if the ordinance is prempted, is there not some way to go higher than the city level and seek help from the state for this "unlawful" ordinance?

something has to be done, the city is getting away with breaking the law and not having to answer for it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:39:21 AM by SD40VE »

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
I wrote to the AG's office. They offered no help.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
thats horrible. well tom i wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. thats one is for sure going to be an uphill battle. im sure hartwell is hoping you run out of steam soon and drop it. keep at em!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
I wrote to the AG's office. They offered no help.
That's because the AG represents the State. Not the People.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Jeff

It's ridiculous that people stand by the ordinance.  I think they are confused.  I believe that maybe they think that they are somehow voting for the ordinance to be legal and that isn't the case.  All they are doing is agreeing with something that isn't legal and won't ever be.

It's too bad that it would cost too much to take it to court.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
what i dont get is if the ordinance is prempted, is there not some way to go higher than the city level and seek help from the state for this "unlawful" ordinance?

something has to be done, the city is getting away with breaking the law and not having to answer for it.
The only way is in court. And even if the plaintiff prevails there are no damages to recover. So the plaintiff incurs all of the expenses.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
thats retarded. sometimes i hate our legal system :(

Offline Raggs

just the title tells you they do not get it.

the title should be "Because Of Gun Ordinance, Gun Owners Openly Carry During GR City Commission Meeting"

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
Maybe its time for term limits?