Author Topic: I'm new here from Macomb with a question...  (Read 3137 times)

Offline blucyote

I'm new here from Macomb with a question...
« on: July 04, 2010, 10:47:15 PM »
Hey everybody, just a quick question. I've had my concealed carry license for 7 years. Can I open carry in Michigan? I just want to be clear on this. There's so much talk about it that it's confusing. Plain and simple, can I open carry in Michigan with a CCW?

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: I'm new here from Macomb with a question...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 11:53:57 PM »
First Welcome!

Second there is NO CCW licence in MI it is a CPL or Concealed Pistol Licence.

Three yes you can OC with a CPL.. However go to our OC Questions section and read up before doing so as we want you to be clear on all the intertwining laws before you OC!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 01:36:12 AM »
  That's right read them good. You can open carry without a cpl also. I done it here in Detroit S.W. side since Jan. of this year. And I had no cpl until May of the same year. I have been stopped by DPD officers four (4) times no problem. We had a little chat one or two knew about open carrie. But i had three or more said they never heared of it. Also check out U tube you can learn alot. Be safe and carry on.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline blucyote

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 01:52:32 AM »
Thanks for all your help people. I like this site!