Author Topic: New York Knicks guard Raymond Felton Arrested on gun charges  (Read 4888 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: New York Knicks guard Raymond Felton Arrested on gun charges
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 08:42:26 AM »
It's too bad he's only a basketball player and not a liberal media commentator in his/her studio -- in which case he probably would have gotten off. (See "Meet the Press" incident).
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline bigalp

• First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:47:18 AM »
Now there's more to the story.  Apparently his wife turned the gun into the police.  They're going through a divorce.  More to follow.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:43:55 AM »
Now there's more to the story.  Apparently his wife turned the gun into the police.  They're going through a divorce.  More to follow.
You never know who you're married to, until you divorce them.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
New York Knicks guard Raymond Felton Arrested on gun charges
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 09:55:25 AM »
Speaking from experience pat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 10:47:23 AM »
Now there's more to the story.  Apparently his wife turned the gun into the police.  They're going through a divorce.

Yeah, that happens.

This attorney's house was raided by a 30-man SWAT team.  They shut down the streets for blocks around his house.  They used a battering ram to break down the bathroom door and pull his 16 year old son out of the shower, naked.  The police spent two hours going over every inch of his house, causing an estimated $10,000 damage.

They left with an old, inoperable 12-gauge shotgun shell which had misfired during a hunting trip years earlier, one handgun holster (legal), one empty piece of .270 brass, and one box of Knight bullets used in antique-replica, single-shot, muzzle-loading rifles (which are also legal). They had previously taken a Civil War-era Colt antique revolver that the guy kept on his office desk, even though antique firearms are legal and do not have to be registered.

The attorney is a hunter and keeps his firearms at his sister's house in Virginia. Two weeks after the raid, D.C. police investigators went to his sister’s house in Virginia — unaccompanied by Virginia police and without a warrant — and asked to “view” the firearms. She told them to pound sand.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/23/miller-dc-businessman-faces-two-years-jail-unregis/

Now he is in the middle of his trial.  The prosecution just rested.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/23/trial-mark-witaschek-washington-dc-one-shotgun-she/

His ex-wife dropped a dime on him because she's angry at him.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 11:24:52 AM »
You never know who you're married to, until you divorce them.

I will have to remember that quote, I like it.  It's depressing but it one that opens your eyes.  :o

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:51:37 AM »
I will have to remember that quote, I like it.  It's depressing but it one that opens your eyes.  :o
Divorce brings out the best in people

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 12:18:27 PM »
Felton had a Five-seveN.