Author Topic: Michigan State University on lockdown  (Read 3959 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Michigan State University on lockdown
« on: February 26, 2014, 06:12:14 PM »
An ROTC cadet handling a replica rifle in the parking lot of Bessey Hall at Michigan State University and later taking the mock weapon into the building triggered a short security alert Monday.

Shortly before 1 p.m., MSU police received a report of a man with a gun entering the building. Police sent a text message to students and staff notifying them a man with a gun was entering the Bessey Hall.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140224/NEWS06/302240088/Michigan-State-University-gunman-scare-false-alarm

http://www.wxyz.com/news/msu-cancels-alert-after-sending-text-regarding-man-with-a-gun-near-bessy-hall

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Michigan State University on lockdown
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 07:32:19 PM »
I have a dear friend who works at Michigan State University. He received this text and we all thought it was kind of funny.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline tmielke

Re: Michigan State University on lockdown
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »
I received a call from my Junior MSU student, a 21 yo female who was "secured in place" one building away.  My first reaction was to be very worried.  Shortly after reacting to the news, I thought it would have been a good thing for her to have the gun I gave her in her possession.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Michigan State University on lockdown
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 03:05:56 PM »
I received a call from my Junior MSU student, a 21 yo female who was "secured in place" one building away.  My first reaction was to be very worried.  Shortly after reacting to the news, I thought it would have been a good thing for her to have the gun I gave her in her possession.

Welcome to our little forum.  Consider posting an introduction for yourself in the New Member Introduction area.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).