Author Topic: The 21-foot rule  (Read 2222 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
The 21-foot rule
« on: February 27, 2014, 11:23:58 AM »
...doesn't apply if the gun is already drawn and pointing at you.

Resident shoots man who broke into home: Renter says suspect threatened him with machete

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/resident-shoots-man-who-broke-into-home-renter-says-suspect/article_50e543ac-9be0-11e3-8b97-001a4bcf887a.html

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: The 21-foot rule
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 11:33:25 AM »
The shooter's statements are not good.

Prosecutor: "How did the victim make you use your gun?"

Whenever involved in a defensive shooting...

DO NOT MAKE ANY STATEMENTS TO POLICE!!!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »
seems to be the normal thing to do pat. you preach it well brother. i recall many posts where you say:

dont talk to the cops.

if i ever have to be involved in a SD shooting i would for sure get a lawyer at my side before talking to the police.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 03:29:50 PM »
If this was my home he wouldn't have left alive. This is not kill crazy rhetoric, but the facts due to my military training. In the U.S. Army they teach you that if you have to shoot someone shoot to kill - because a wounded man will kill YOU. This is a truism whether you're talking civilian life or military, regardless of what some bleeding heart lawyer or pacifist says.

Someones comment on there.

I believe you shoot to stop the threat and that is exactly what happened.  The surviving attacker can and most certainly will lie in court about what happened though.