Author Topic: Three Arrested, One Killed When Armed Homeowner Fights Back  (Read 3242 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Three Arrested, One Killed When Armed Homeowner Fights Back
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »

On 02/23/14 at 7:30pm Onslow County Sheriff’s Office Deputies responded to 145 Abbotts Branch Lane, in reference to a Burglary and gunshot victim. Upon further investigation deputies learned that the gunshot victim was S/Michael P. Holliday. Onslow County Sheriff’s Office Crime Scene Investigators and Detectives processed the crime scene.

Michael P. Holliday, Jordan M. Sanford, Brian P. Bailey and Jonathan D. Koncir, conspired to break into the residence belonging to John P. Moore and rob him. Michael P. Holliday and Brian P. Bailey entered the residence brandishing a 20 gauge shotgun; While Jonathan D. Koncir and Jordan M. Sanford waited nearby in a get away vehicle.

While inside the residence Brian P. Bailey and deceased Michael P. Holliday pointed the shotgun at John P. Moore while demanding drugs and money. Then John P. Moore pulled a 22 cal. pistol and demanded that they leave his residence. During the course of the robbery Michael P. Holliday was shot before fleeing the residence with Brian P. Bailey.

The four suspects left the residence enroute to the hospital to get care for Michael Paul Holliday who had been shot. While enroute to the hospital the fleeing suspect collided with another vehicle on NC Hwy 172 in Hubert, NC.

Michael P. Holliday was transported to the Naval Hospital aboard Camp Lejeune for his injuries, but was later pronounced dead.

The suspects are being held on $200,000 bond each.

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/three-arrested-one-killed-when-armed-homeowner-fights-back-against-armed-home-invaders/

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Three Arrested, One Killed When Armed Homeowner Fights Back
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 10:07:36 PM »
Felony murder for them all...
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
Re: Three Arrested, One Killed When Armed Homeowner Fights Back
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 08:12:09 AM »
did they fire the shotgun? didnt say in what i read...

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 08:15:07 AM »
I'm not understanding the pulling the .22 and warning them.  If they are in your home, uninvited and brandashing a shotgun, isn't your life already in danger?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 08:45:21 AM »
did they fire the shotgun? didnt say in what i read...

No story I've read states they did. 

The dead dude Holliday must have been in trouble with the law before.  His is the last mugshot on the right above, obviously taken at a different time.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 09:46:19 AM »
I'm not understanding the pulling the .22 and warning them.  If they are in your home, uninvited and brandashing a shotgun, isn't your life already in danger?

no warning shot for me, you break into my home and you have a gun and are using it in a threatening manner you are dead. no questions asked. better to find a home owner with a smoking gun and a dead BG than the other way around

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »
no warning shot for me, you break into my home and you have a gun and are using it in a threatening manner you are dead. no questions asked. better to find a home owner with a smoking gun and a dead BG than the other way around

My locked and closed doors would be my warning to stay/get away/out.  If ignored and armed...Going to be a bad day.