Author Topic: bad oc experince with a fellow patron in fair haven  (Read 4400 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
bad oc experince with a fellow patron in fair haven
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:30:22 PM »
Negative OC encounter
This morning I was having breakfast with friends at our every day diner in Fair Haven. As two other non-regular customers were leaving, one of them hit my shoulder a little harder than necessary to let me know he was there.
His rant started immediately with calling me a "F'n paranoid *****hole for OC'ing". Before I could reply decently, they were out the door.

I'm thinking maybe his paranoia overtook his common sense??

^^^ taken from MGO.

think its time to add fair haven to the list of places we need to have a lunch/dinner or seminar. possibly a picnic. its another town right on the lake up here by me and where i plan on working with pat to set more meetings and gatherings up to raise awareness and pass our message along about OC. going to be a busy summer if all goes well!

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: bad oc experince with a fellow patron in fair haven
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:35:39 PM »
I wouldn't even reply to someone like that. they are clearly unreasonable and unstable, nothing productive or positive will come from engaging them in any way imo.

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:38:35 PM »
you can't fix stupid..... as of yet :)

seems like i read more and more about these kinds of encounters in st clair county. i live by the borderline of st clair county and plan on working to set some more events up in that area with pat :) wonder if those people would show up and try that with a whole group of us :)

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:47:40 PM »
wonder if those people would show up and try that with a whole group of us :)

They would, they don't care.  They just want to tick us off and hope we do something rash.  They know deep down we won't, or else there is no way they would give us that kind of grief.  If you're scared of someone OC'ing, logic says not to start crap with them.  They aren't scared, they just want to piss us off.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:52:18 PM »
luckily i dont get "pissed off" easily. my job requires me to keep my cool under stress and dealing with angry people. (IT guy who fixes broke crap at dental offices) the doctors can be total Dbags at times but i keep my cool. same principal would apply to this situation

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »
Yeah, problem is, my tolerance for blatant battery (and that's what it is, kids) is nill.

Their head probably would have been introduced to the edge of table.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 04:02:20 PM »
yep thats assault and battery once they put their hands on me. at which point i would call the cops and make a report and press charges. much like they plan on doing when they call the cops on me for OC. however they never get anywhere as i stay withing the law :)

as i said id love to get something brewing in that area in terms of a event with moc