Author Topic: Shooting @ CQT in shelby township this weekend  (Read 10660 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
Shooting @ CQT in shelby township this weekend
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:10:02 AM »
i am meeting a member from the smith-wessonforums.com up there this weekend to shoot. anyone from MOC interested is invited to join us!

the range prices are
$9 per 1/2 hour
$15 per hour

if someone is wanting to go but cannot afford range time and can get up there i will use my range time punch card for them. i have a couple punches left. first come first served. they are for 30 min sessions which is what i usually do anyways. i can throw 100-200 down range in that time frame

they also sell scorpion reloads which can be had for most cailbers for under $20 per 50. my .40 ones are usually 17.99 per 50 pack roughly. maybe 18.99 not 100% sure.

i know the staff there and they are all very friendly. its a great place. no toggle switch to send the targets out. you type in a distance in feet and send. great for practicing at 21 feet doing defense drills. also to see if you can hit a target 75 feet out with a pistol (which i have done but not very well lol)

they are located at:
Close Quarters Tactical, LLC
50485 Utica Drive
Shelby Twp. MI, 48315
Phone 586-726-4730

you can also check out their website at CQTUSA.com

look forward to seeing some of you out there! if we can get a group big enough ill try to reserve some lanes at the range. not sure if they will alloow us to. but if they are busy we can always fondle some awesome AR's or shotguns :) and of course browse the awesome selection of holsters and gear

Offline Jeff

Re: Shooting @ CQT in shelby township this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 05:11:27 PM »
Which day and at what time?

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 08:03:25 AM »
saturday we are aiming for 5pm. Dave from SW forums will be joining me if you come jeff ill cover you for a 1/2 hour on range. then it would only be $6 to extend to a hour of time :) we will probably spend 60 mins or so on the range then look into dinner or something afterwords
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:03:00 AM by SD40VE »

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 08:16:44 AM »
saturday we are aiming for 5pm. DJ if you come jeff ill cover you for a 1/2 hour on range

Pun intended?

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 08:28:25 AM »
of course! i always try to add some humor into my posts. thought that would be a cool way to do so :P puns are fun

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 09:01:47 AM »
also might be planning on a trip to NCI at hall and m-53 after if we shoot up an appetite :)

Offline xxarea83xx

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 09:56:30 AM »
I might be in for this! I have family obligations earlier in the day, but I should be free early enough. If you do go, post the exact time when you know for sure. Look for the goofy looking guy with the backwards ballcap and glasses.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 10:18:13 AM »
i will be there promptly at 5pm. ill be in real tree :) im 6'4 about 280, and ill have my blackhawk serpa on my hip. i will be there with my girl.

Offline xxarea83xx

• MOC Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »
Sounds good. I'll post here earlier if I cant make it. 5'9", 190lbs, probably a black jacket, and also a Blackhawk Serpa on my hip.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 10:54:47 AM »
Sounds good. I'll post here earlier if I cant make it. 5'9", 190lbs, probably a black jacket, and also a Blackhawk Serpa on my hip.

better be careful we dont want to shoot ourselves while using our serpas hahahah :rotfl:

Offline xxarea83xx

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 11:14:55 AM »
better be careful we dont want to shoot ourselves while using our serpas hahahah :rotfl:

Right! Good point, sir! Safety 1st!   :crazy:

Offline Jeff

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »
I should be able to make it.

I'm 5'9" 110 pounds, blonde hair, blue eyes D-cup like everyone on the internet.

Actually except for the weight, the rest is kind of accurate sadly haha.

We're just shooting pistols right?

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »
Bring whatever bro. U can shoot anything up to .50bmg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 01:44:46 PM »
Me and my girl will be shooting pistols i also have extra tragets from shooting there so much and not using them all

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »
I should be able to make it.

I'm 5'9" 110 pounds, blonde hair, blue eyes D-cup like everyone on the internet.

Actually except for the weight, the rest is kind of accurate sadly haha.

We're just shooting pistols right?
Don't worry about the weight issue. You fit right in with the OC crowd.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Jeff

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »
SO, I am going to get in the shower now, have a snack and get ready to go up there.  I'm just going to bring my carry gun, I need practice with my new sights anyways so I will leave the rifles home.

I will be wearing dark jeans, brown shoes, black shirt, MAYBE a TIE just because, and likely a grey sweater.  Plus I posted a picture of myself and you know my name is Jeff so I should be easy to locate.

or Just look for this. hahahahaha

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 02:55:17 PM »
SO, I am going to get in the shower now, have a snack and get ready to go up there.  I'm just going to bring my carry gun, I need practice with my new sights anyways so I will leave the rifles home.

I will be wearing dark jeans, brown shoes, black shirt, MAYBE a TIE just because, and likely a grey sweater.  Plus I posted a picture of myself and you know my name is Jeff so I should be easy to locate.

or Just look for this. hahahahaha

Hey now. Don't be posting pictures of me all over the internet!!!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline xxarea83xx

• MOC Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »
I ran into some other issues. I unfortunately wont be able to make it. Have fun though.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 04:51:49 PM »
Lol i am up here

Offline Jeff

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 10:25:31 PM »
Well it was unfortunate that we were separated by about 4 lanes, but I guess that's what happens when I arrive a few minutes after you did and it was busy.  They were telling the people a few after me that the wait time was about an hour and a half haha.

I ended up doing an hour of range time I believe you did a half hour.  I would have like to have gotten a picture to post but oh well, maybe another time.  I'm still low and left with my G19, but I'm dead on with a G30 for whatever reason.  I was barely shooting outside of my 3" shoot and see from 20 feet with the G30, but with my G19 I was mostly off center by about 4-7" low and left.  I just need more practice with my carry gun and figure out what I am doing wrong, probably a mental thing.

MAN, I didn't get most of my brass back though, people kept sweeping it up constantly.  I would fire off 10 rounds, turn around and the floor would be empty haha.  I guess that's what happens when it's so busy though.

After you left a man next to my lane was firing an M1A it was so nice I was jealous.  But I whipped my *#&!#$ out and all was fine in the world again.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 11:28:28 PM »
Well it was unfortunate that we were separated by about 4 lanes, but I guess that's what happens when I arrive a few minutes after you did and it was busy.  They were telling the people a few after me that the wait time was about an hour and a half haha.

I ended up doing an hour of range time I believe you did a half hour.  I would have like to have gotten a picture to post but oh well, maybe another time.  I'm still low and left with my G19, but I'm dead on with a G30 for whatever reason.  I was barely shooting outside of my 3" shoot and see from 20 feet with the G30, but with my G19 I was mostly off center by about 4-7" low and left.  I just need more practice with my carry gun and figure out what I am doing wrong, probably a mental thing.

MAN, I didn't get most of my brass back though, people kept sweeping it up constantly.  I would fire off 10 rounds, turn around and the floor would be empty haha.  I guess that's what happens when it's so busy though.

After you left a man next to my lane was firing an M1A it was so nice I was jealous.  But I whipped my *#&!#$ out and all was fine in the world again.
Not saying that this is your problem. But, low and left is sometimes a "flinch" factor.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 11:42:38 PM »
Not saying that this is your problem. But, low and left is sometimes a "flinch" factor.

Yep, it could be a mental thing.  Not sure if I am more nervous shooting my carry gun thinking that I really need to do perfect with it, then pull my shots or what the deal is.  With the Glock 30 I was shooting I was dead on, I could put it within about a half inch of my aim point.  I am assuming it is some kind of mental thing.  No over thinking it with the G30, just shooting the gun.  Then my carry gun, I probably get nervous thinking I need to perform real well then BLEH my shots.  I have only been shooting for a little over a year and can't afford to go very often.  It is a work in progress that I will get a handle on one day.  I can only get better.

Last summer I was often shooting very low and left with any handgun I used.  I know I was flinching.  At least I have lessened the flinch because I am closer to center now, I just need to keep practicing and tighten up my groups.  Not like a bullet in the right lung isn't going to make someone think twice anyways right?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 11:50:11 PM »
Yep, it could be a mental thing.  Not sure if I am more nervous shooting my carry gun thinking that I really need to do perfect with it, then pull my shots or what the deal is.  With the Glock 30 I was shooting I was dead on, I could put it within about a half inch of my aim point.  I am assuming it is some kind of mental thing.  No over thinking it with the G30, just shooting the gun.  Then my carry gun, I probably get nervous thinking I need to perform real well then BLEH my shots.  I have only been shooting for a little over a year and can't afford to go very often.  It is a work in progress that I will get a handle on one day.  I can only get better.

Last summer I was often shooting very low and left with any handgun I used.  I know I was flinching.  At least I have lessened the flinch because I am closer to center now, I just need to keep practicing and tighten up my groups.  Not like a bullet in the right lung isn't going to make someone think twice anyways right?
Could also be trigger finger placement. Big hangs could be getting monkey grip on trigger.
In my experience with Glocks, they are excellent for point shooting. Just got to find the right grip.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 11:54:53 PM »
I put a new guide rod and spring kit for my trigger in. I am adjusting to it. Had to go into work. Servers went down and required immediate attention. There will be more times jeff i promise!! They closed til 5 today due to a cpl class. Thats why it was so busy