Author Topic: Stand Strong Connecticut  (Read 9310 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Stand Strong Connecticut
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 11:02:58 PM »
hahaha, I didn't do anything.

When I first saw the page, there was only one comment.  It said, "standing strong… hold on, I gotta sit down" and was by a Jeff.  I assumed you had written that!  That comment is now gone.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 11:23:40 PM »
hahaha, I didn't do anything.

LoL, there is a comment on my picture that says something like "WOa it looks cold there" someone said that I was well insulated hahahahahahah good one.
I saw that there were two comments, but both were "moderated" and not viewable.
Now that I know what the second was... LOL
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Jeff

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 11:32:42 PM »
Didn't bother me any, I thought the "standing strong, hold on, I gotta sit down" was pretty funny.  I found it odd that it did say by Jeff though, that's why I thought it was someone here knowing the picture was me and knowing my name was Jeff.  I thought it was Gryphon actually haha.

Just 2 months ago I could not fit into that sweatshirt without it looking like it was flesh.  Those pants are also too big now and I have moved down a belt hole, so I feel that people should get their shots in while they can.  Gym Monday, Wednesday, Friday,  Exercise bike at home on the off-days for 45 minutes.  Getting it DONE!! (I do not like the bikes at my gym)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 11:52:18 PM »
Didn't bother me any, I thought the "standing strong, hold on, I gotta sit down" was pretty funny.  I found it odd that it did say by Jeff though, that's why I thought it was someone here knowing the picture was me and knowing my name was Jeff.  I thought it was Gryphon actually haha.

Just 2 months ago I could not fit into that sweatshirt without it looking like it was flesh.  Those pants are also too big now and I have moved down a belt hole, so I feel that people should get their shots in while they can.  Gym Monday, Wednesday, Friday,  Exercise bike at home on the off-days for 45 minutes.  Getting it DONE!! (I do not like the bikes at my gym)
Good for you. I've got to do something too. I got on one of those talking scales, while at the store last week. It said "one at a time please."
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 01:41:13 PM »
Suggestion from one reader who thinks people are dangerously fanning the flames of unrest and rattling sabers unnecessarily over the unjust laws in CT. 

Using social media activists need to coordinate a civil disobedience action. I like to call it the ‘Spartacus’ strategy. All over CT or other slave states they need to pick a date, preferably a weekday when the most media coverage is gained.

Each activist needs to bring a 30 round mag, and there needs to be a group buy of those 10 rounders that look like a 30 rounder. All the mags are mixed together and everyone picks a random mag.

Then wearing a prisoner Halloween costume and carrying signs reading ‘my government made me a felon’ they march on the nearest government building. No need to gather everyone in Hartford. Make logistics easy and have them march on the nearest courthouse or government building carrying American flags, Gadsden flags, and the Battle of Gonzalez come and take it flag.

When they reach the courthouse the leader reads a short speech about unjust laws, and civil disobedience, and stresses how everyone there is a law abiding American who works hard and pays taxes. Then they read the 2nd amendment.

At the end everyone holds up their mag, and stands there quietly, outside of the government building. The local government now has to decide whether to act with force against peaceful protesters or ignore them. If they act with violence our cause is bolstered in the war of public opinion. If they ignore it they communicate that the law is unjust and unenforceable.

As an added bonus when the police advance everyone drops their mags. Now there is plausible deniability as to who had the felon making mags and the oh so safe mags. This further erodes the CT laws and show them to be arbitrary and absurd.

As one commenter noted:

Allow me to paraphrase the OP’s argument:

“Because the purpose of the Second Amendment is to enable people to resist tyranny by being armed, then we must not actually, you know, resist tyranny when we’re armed. Because that would be icky."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/robert-farago/housekeeping-ttag-saber-rattling-ct-confiscation/

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 01:47:48 PM »
John Cinque, a Navy veteran who told Connecticut lawmakers last year he would not comply with the state's new gun control law, was told by a Branford police officer that he couldn't "wait to get the order to kick your door in."

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 02:11:46 PM »

Good job, i need to get my fat a** a bike too

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 09:30:40 PM »
“From Governor Malloy, to Undersecretary Lawlor to DESPP, Commissioner Schriro, and Lieutenant Cooke of the firearms unit, and including Lt. Paul Vance, the state needs to $#|t, or get off the pot. The fact is, the state does not have the balls to enforce these laws. The laws would not survive the public outcry and resistance that would occur.” – Connecticut Carry Director Ed Peruta

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 08:37:11 PM »
Connecticut gun owners who chose not to comply with the Constitution State’s post-Newtown firearms and ammunition magazine laws are getting ready for possible confiscation and arrest. The video below from Dave Acton’s Urban Survival YouTube channel recommends that CT gun owners download the “I’m Getting Arrested” Android app. Developed by the Occupy folks, the one-click free app automatically notifies contacts when the cops come calling. (No iPhone equivalent yet.) A supplier of products designed to hide firearms said they’ve noticed an increase in sales to Connecticut. The Sipsey Street Irregulars reckons CT militias are already forming. Or strengthening. Or something. In any case, I wonder how the police are preparing for an order to yank the chains of otherwise law-abiding citizens turned into Class D felons by the stroke of Governor Malloy’s pen.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 03:48:41 PM »
I could see 50 anti gun trolls getting that and setting them all off at once near each other to freak people out.  But I think those people would no longer be your friends haha.