Author Topic: Detroit Burglars Keep Breaking In, Detroit Homeowners Keep Shooting Them  (Read 2309 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Police say a man in his 20s attempted to break into her home through a rear window. When the homeowner heard the noise, she grabbed her handgun and warned the invader that she was armed.

The suspect continued to break in and the woman shot him once in the chest.

We're told he fled the scene and was found down the block.

He was transported to a local hospital and was pronounced dead on arrival.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/woman-shoots-kills-intruder-in-detroit

Offline METL

Repeal "SYG" laws so this woman can be prosecuted civilly and criminally!

Offline Jeff

I am always glad to hear stores about this, but WTF these criminals are very ballsy.  They have a confirmation that the owner is home, are told they are armed, but they just don't believe that the owner is actually armed or they don't care?

Police have said these results will make thieves think twice before barging into a home.

I would think so but dang, there are always going to be home invaders, I am glad there are so many people prepared for such an encounter.  It just blows my mind that someone would keep trying to enter the home knowing someone is there AND claiming to be armed.

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
They have a confirmation that the owner is home, are told they are armed, but they just don't believe that the owner is actually armed or they don't care?

I think after decades of being able to commit whatever crime they want without repercussions has lulled them in to a false sense of security. How many unarmed people shout, "I have a gun!" and were proved wrong.

This just shows that all the criminals don't watch the news and must not know one another to talk about it, so it takes longer for the word to get around that when people say, "I have a gun!", some of them mean it.

If there are one or two shot every week, it makes me wonder how many get away with their crime while unarmed people are home. One 80 year old gentleman used a hammer. He understands that nearly anything can be used as a weapon.

As more and more of the good people of Detroit decide they aren't going to take it anymore, then things will change.

Eventually, the criminals will look for honest work, or move to another city that is less lethal for their illegal activities.
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Criminals that are willing to do home invasions were probably not first in line for the intelligence checkout.