Author Topic: well i goit a new IWB for CC  (Read 7725 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
well i goit a new IWB for CC
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:19:52 AM »
i ordered an aliengear and a foxx IWB crossbreed style holster. the fox is made in michigan at 10 mile and mound. i was somewhat disappointed when comparing to the aliengear.

the foxx doesnt cover the full muzzle end like the AG does. and the modling of the kydex is 3x better on the AG compared to the foxx. i wont be buying another foxx. i wanted to support a local company but it just doesnt have the quality for a more expensive price

AG was $36 and change
Foxx was $41 and change

i would recommend checking out aliengearholsters.com if you are looking for a good CC IWB crossbreed style holster for less than $37 shipped

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: well i goit a new IWB for CC
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »
Why do you want the muzzle competely covered?

Offline casper

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »
Why do you want the muzzle competely covered?
Maybe just personal preference. He was just pointing out the differences anyway. He made no claim to preferring it covered. Good write up SD.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 12:13:56 PM »
it is a personal preference. i figured if i post some pica and breif write up it may help someone on the fence between these 2 companies for a IWB. its the cheaper end of them and i know in todays economy people try to save when they can. 

Offline Raggs

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 02:21:42 PM »
I have heard good things about the alien gear holsters. I like the warranty and the fact they will swap out the kydex if you ever get rid of the gun it was designed for. While they may not be local they are made in the U.S.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 02:48:08 PM »
I have heard good things about the alien gear holsters. I like the warranty and the fact they will swap out the kydex if you ever get rid of the gun it was designed for. While they may not be local they are made in the U.S.

idaho, same town as old faithful holsters. makes me wonder if it was a ex business partner who ventured on his own to make AG..

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 04:25:35 PM »
I haven't tried one of foxx's IWB holsters yet but I want to one day, but I got one of their belts and it's very nice.  I always wanted to try an IWB holster and I was planning on getting one from foxx holsters.  They are only 10 minutes away from me.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 04:41:53 PM »
imho the alien gear is a better option. its cheaper and better quality. but thats for you to decide sir!

Offline bchapman833

• First Name (Displayed): Ben
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 06:45:49 PM »
Checked out AG when looking at holsters, not sure if it would be comfortable when it comes to the hi-point that I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 08:11:14 AM »
if its a C9 it should be if they make one for that model. my girl has a c9 hi point and if i can carry a 4 inch barrel sd40 a hipoint 9 shouldnt be an issue. now the 4.5 inch .40 or .45 might be a bit trickier

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: well i goit a new IWB for CC
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
if its a C9 it should be if they make one for that model. my girl has a c9 hi point and if i can carry a 4 inch barrel sd40 a hipoint 9 shouldnt be an issue. now the 4.5 inch .40 or .45 might be a bit trickier

Uhm...I am sure some people "try" to conceal carry the larger cal hi-points...but they, in my opinion, are not easy to hide. Good thing most of us OC. Thanks for posting the review OP.
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 02:04:49 PM »

Uhm...I am sure some people "try" to conceal carry the larger cal hi-points...but they, in my opinion, are not easy to hide. Good thing most of us OC. Thanks for posting the review OP.

i CC more in winter due to elements. like a rainy day today. i try to keep ym firearms dry, rust is bad mmmkay

Offline bchapman833

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
It is a C9. When I was looking there was an option for a hi-point 9mm but of course the picture was is just a standard stock photo. Guess I will do more research when that time comes for being able to use one. Seems like there isn't very many options for holsters for that type of gun (guess it's time to tell the wife I need something different).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Re: well i goit a new IWB for CC
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 01:35:54 AM »
i CC more in winter due to elements. like a rainy day today. i try to keep ym firearms dry, rust is bad mmmkay

Dude you carry a stainless smith...rust...schmutz...it will never happen...mmmmmkay. 8)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 01:42:27 AM »
It is a C9. When I was looking there was an option for a hi-point 9mm but of course the picture was is just a standard stock photo. Guess I will do more research when that time comes for being able to use one. Seems like there isn't very many options for holsters for that type of gun (guess it's time to tell the wife I need something different).
A couple companies make a few holster for them ...mostly OWB. Ace Case, Fobus & Galco

https://www.galcogunleather.com/m5x-matrix_8_5_1197.html

-Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline bchapman833

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 05:02:07 AM »

A couple companies make a few holster for them ...mostly OWB. Ace Case, Fobus & Galco

https://www.galcogunleather.com/m5x-matrix_8_5_1197.html

I did go with the Galco m5x matrix. Didn't like the reviews I was reading for the Fobus. Only downfall is it's not a active restraint holster.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 09:07:05 AM »
the 9mm one should fir the c9. if not there is always the 30 day return period,. they buy it back if you dont love it after 30 days