Author Topic: Shooting @ CQT in shelby township this weekend  (Read 9729 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Shooting @ CQT in shelby township this weekend
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 11:28:28 PM »
Well it was unfortunate that we were separated by about 4 lanes, but I guess that's what happens when I arrive a few minutes after you did and it was busy.  They were telling the people a few after me that the wait time was about an hour and a half haha.

I ended up doing an hour of range time I believe you did a half hour.  I would have like to have gotten a picture to post but oh well, maybe another time.  I'm still low and left with my G19, but I'm dead on with a G30 for whatever reason.  I was barely shooting outside of my 3" shoot and see from 20 feet with the G30, but with my G19 I was mostly off center by about 4-7" low and left.  I just need more practice with my carry gun and figure out what I am doing wrong, probably a mental thing.

MAN, I didn't get most of my brass back though, people kept sweeping it up constantly.  I would fire off 10 rounds, turn around and the floor would be empty haha.  I guess that's what happens when it's so busy though.

After you left a man next to my lane was firing an M1A it was so nice I was jealous.  But I whipped my *#&!#$ out and all was fine in the world again.
Not saying that this is your problem. But, low and left is sometimes a "flinch" factor.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Jeff

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 11:42:38 PM »
Not saying that this is your problem. But, low and left is sometimes a "flinch" factor.

Yep, it could be a mental thing.  Not sure if I am more nervous shooting my carry gun thinking that I really need to do perfect with it, then pull my shots or what the deal is.  With the Glock 30 I was shooting I was dead on, I could put it within about a half inch of my aim point.  I am assuming it is some kind of mental thing.  No over thinking it with the G30, just shooting the gun.  Then my carry gun, I probably get nervous thinking I need to perform real well then BLEH my shots.  I have only been shooting for a little over a year and can't afford to go very often.  It is a work in progress that I will get a handle on one day.  I can only get better.

Last summer I was often shooting very low and left with any handgun I used.  I know I was flinching.  At least I have lessened the flinch because I am closer to center now, I just need to keep practicing and tighten up my groups.  Not like a bullet in the right lung isn't going to make someone think twice anyways right?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 11:50:11 PM »
Yep, it could be a mental thing.  Not sure if I am more nervous shooting my carry gun thinking that I really need to do perfect with it, then pull my shots or what the deal is.  With the Glock 30 I was shooting I was dead on, I could put it within about a half inch of my aim point.  I am assuming it is some kind of mental thing.  No over thinking it with the G30, just shooting the gun.  Then my carry gun, I probably get nervous thinking I need to perform real well then BLEH my shots.  I have only been shooting for a little over a year and can't afford to go very often.  It is a work in progress that I will get a handle on one day.  I can only get better.

Last summer I was often shooting very low and left with any handgun I used.  I know I was flinching.  At least I have lessened the flinch because I am closer to center now, I just need to keep practicing and tighten up my groups.  Not like a bullet in the right lung isn't going to make someone think twice anyways right?
Could also be trigger finger placement. Big hangs could be getting monkey grip on trigger.
In my experience with Glocks, they are excellent for point shooting. Just got to find the right grip.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
Shooting @ CQT in shelby township this weekend
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 11:54:53 PM »
I put a new guide rod and spring kit for my trigger in. I am adjusting to it. Had to go into work. Servers went down and required immediate attention. There will be more times jeff i promise!! They closed til 5 today due to a cpl class. Thats why it was so busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk