Author Topic: Getting written permission for MCL 750.234d  (Read 3239 times)

Offline bchapman833

• First Name (Displayed): Ben
Getting written permission for MCL 750.234d
« on: March 10, 2014, 08:43:49 PM »
i believe TheQ was checking since meijer has a liquor license. to OC you would need a CPL or permission from the store director. welcome to the forum! please take a moment to introduce yourself in the new members forum! :)

I apologize if this is a dumb question but I would just like someone to clarify this for me. Anyone (legal gun owner) can just get written permission from a store director to carry (just in that store) without a CPL?

Would this be considered a "owner's agent"? (Per MCL 750.234d)

Offline Jeff

Re: Getting written permission for MCL 750.234d
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:09:49 PM »
Unpaid security?

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Re: Getting written permission for MCL 750.234d
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 10:08:50 PM »
Quote from: MCL 750.552
Trespass upon lands or premises of another; exception; violation; penalty; "process server" defined.

Sec. 552.

(1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2), a person shall not do any of the following:

(a) Enter the lands or premises of another without lawful authority after having been forbidden to do so by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.

(b) Remain without lawful authority on the land or premises of another after being notified to depart by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.

Quote from: MCL 750.234d
(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:
(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.

It has been argued that an employee can satisfy the requirements for MCL 750.552 as an agent of the owner.  So one could argue that an employee of Meijer would satisfy MCL 750.234d.  Having said that, permission of the Store Director/Manager would carry more weight than a greeter.

Since the OP stated "carry" it is important to note this is applicable for OC only.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36