Author Topic: Long time lurker, first time poster...  (Read 6176 times)

Offline Sick_SL2

Long time lurker, first time poster...
« on: March 12, 2014, 10:42:51 PM »
Well, as is the case with just about any other forum, an introduction is in order.

Hello all, I've been checking out MOC for quite some time.  Its a wealth of information and I figured it was time to get active.  So a little about me...

I'm a father and a family man, so the idea of protecting myself and my family really pertains to me more as a duty.  And ironically it seemed to really kick in around the time my son was born lol.  Funny how that works. 

IMO...  defensive awareness doesn't boil down to a weapon, instead it has to do with a mindset.  The weapon is simply the tool used to achieve it.  Hand to band combat is fine I suppose, and it certainly has its place, but its messy and I prefer a point and click interface.  :)

I hail from the Wyoming area (Grand Rapids) and just recently moved out here.  Loving it.  WAAAAYY better than Flint (sorry, no offense meant).  I made it a point to attend the recent OC dinner in Cadillac and also the protest for Mr. Deffert's recent civil rights violation (may he be triumphant).  I used to sit back and think nothing was really too far gone.  That graduated into a shocking realization that, seemingly over a very short period of time, the American people had been slowly brainwashed and reprogrammed into a mindless mass of lemmings.  Basically I cannot sit back and watch anymore.  I fear for the future of this great nation and what, if anything, will be left of it when my son becomes a man.

I dual carry daily.  My open rig is a Sig P250c in .40 with Sig's redesigned trigger in a Galco Cop3 holster.  I sometimes shoulder holster it as well as its too freaking large to conceal.  My backup and the piece I never seem to be without is my Ruger LCP with hogue grip and RTK trigger.  Most people whine about it due to its size.  I find a +1 mag extension gives me all I need.  Just find something to do with that lady finger pinky lol.  I'm deadly accurate with that up to about 30 yards.  I dress in a suit or at least a button up and tie daily... and she's always along for the ride.  I've learned to get creative concealing that one, as unfortunately the Sig isn't business friendly all the time.

I am looking into a Ruger SR22 for the old lady.  Plus the reviews look good on that one.

I just want to say I'm happy to be here and look forward to pitching in as much as I can.  I would really like to thank Tom for everything he is doing and has done for this cause and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying he's a real inspiration.  And to everyone else who organizes events and plans gatherings.  I'm local to many on the west side of the state and would like to contribute in any way I can.

BTW.... if you saw the pics of the pint sized beagle marching for Johann in Grand Rapids, I was the mutt on the leash behind him.

Offline Jeff

Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 10:52:09 PM »
Great introduction, thanks for joining and welcome.  I am on the other side of the state (warren) but kick your shoes off and stay awhile.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Long time lurker, first time poster...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 11:18:35 PM »
Welcome. Glad you made it on.

- PH
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 11:23:44 PM »
Welcome! You'd be surprised at the number of people with an LCP strapped to their ankle.  I'm one of them.  It's a great BUG and is a much more comfortable down there than my Glock 26.

I was at the Grand Rapids march as well.  Glock 17 on the hip and 26 on the ankle.  About halfway out I wished I'd worn my LCP.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 11:37:32 PM »
Hi
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 12:38:00 AM »
Welcome

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 08:28:20 AM »
Welcome from Kentwood!

I was also at the march. I was the guy in front. :)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »
Welcome from Okemos. :)

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 11:35:35 AM »
Welcome form Erie
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline Sick_SL2

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »
Ok so will it let me post now?

Wierd....  yeah I typed in many responses and none posted.  Stupid Tapatalk is acting up.  Quick response isn't working....

Anyway thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!  I look forward to meeting (most of...;) ) you guys and learning more in order to become an asset for the cause.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 09:25:39 PM »
Ok so will it let me post now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Nope. Not yet.  :rotfl:

Offline Sick_SL2

Re: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 09:27:49 PM »
Nope. Not yet.  :rotfl:

Lol edited my last post accordingly.

Offline woodtic31

• First Name (Displayed): Reg
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 06:58:05 AM »
Thanks for making the drive to Cadillac. From the conservation we had, you will be a valuable member of this fine organization. Again WELCOME!!!
North East Michigan Coordinator

Offline Sick_SL2

Re: Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 12:23:55 PM »
Thanks for making the drive to Cadillac. From the conservation we had, you will be a valuable member of this fine organization. Again WELCOME!!!

Thank you sir!  Had a great time and it was nice putting faces to names lol.

I really hope to be a big contributor so if help is needed dont hesitate to ask.

Offline RCanton

• MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • First Name (Displayed): RCanton
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »
Welcome friend.

-Canton, MI

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 01:53:29 PM »
welcome from Kentwood