Author Topic: Punish the Law Abiding Victim while the Thug Criminals go Free  (Read 5940 times)

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
North Carolina school officials are telling a 9-year-old North Carolina who has been bullied for bringing a My Little Pony lunch bag to school to leave the bag at home.

Grayson Bruce and his mother say he is being shoved around by school bullies who think his favorite bag is for girls.

"They're taking it a little too far, with punching me, pushing me down, calling me horrible names, stuff that really shouldn't happen," Bruce told WLOS News13, an ABC affiliate in Asheville, N.C. "Most of the characters in the show are girls, and most of the people put it toward girls, most of the toys are girlie."

But Noreen told the station Thursday the school asked her son to leave the bag at home because it had become a distraction and was a "trigger for bullying."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/15/nc-school-tells-boy-to-leave-my-little-pony-lunch-bag-at-home-report-says/?intcmp=latestnews

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Punish the Law Abiding Victim while the Thug Criminals go Free
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 07:06:55 PM »
Wow - hope they told the black kids to stay home too...maybe the Jews too...I mean certain people don't like those groups and their mere presence could be a "bully trigger"! Those running schools never cease to amaze me with their lack of logic and foresight. ::) So if a little girl likes to carry a spiderman lunch box, are they going to tell her to leave it at home too? We really don't want bullies getting upset, now do we? ???
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 08:13:59 AM »
I'm just waiting for some lawyer to say that the kid is not sure about his sexual identity and may have gay leaning tendencies. That makes him a "protected" class and they can sue the pants off the school!   

It just really grinds me that the school is trying to take the easy way out by telling the kid to leave his little pony home .... instead of doing the right thing by stopping the bullies. 

And what does this action tell the poor kid about his choice of a little pony lunch bag?  Its one thing if some dopey bullies to give him a hard time but now it is the school authorities telling him that it is bad.....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:19:50 AM by Pond Scum »

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
a boy brings a my little pony lunch bag and doesn't expect to get beat up and made fun of? if you ask me the school is doing the kid a favor.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
a boy brings a my little pony lunch bag and doesn't expect to get beat up and made fun of? if you ask me the school is doing the kid a favor.

The school is making the kid to be the bad guy when it's their shortcomings on knowing how to handle the bullies.  They take the easy route by saying "hey kid, don't bring things that make you get beat up" instead of contacting the parents of the bullies and suspending them or giving them detention.

The victim is the one being punished.

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 04:04:35 PM »
The school is making the kid to be the bad guy when it's their shortcomings on knowing how to handle the bullies.  They take the easy route by saying "hey kid, don't bring things that make you get beat up" instead of contacting the parents of the bullies and suspending them or giving them detention.

The victim is the one being punished.

do you honestly expect a boy to come to school carrying a girls lunch box and not get made fun of?

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 04:10:34 PM »
do you honestly expect a boy to come to school carrying a girls lunch box and not get made fun of?

No but I do expect to school to step in and stop the bullying rather than further punishing the kid that is doing nothing wrong.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Punish the Law Abiding Victim while the Thug Criminals go Free
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 05:31:30 PM »
Physically assaulting someone is bad. Regarding name calling: maybe we'd all be safer if the government outlawed us talking to each other...
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »
GR City Attorney got rid of “no person shall willfully annoy another person.”  You're safe to talk to anyone, Phil.  Well, at least in GR. :)

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 08:39:59 PM »
Phil's being mean

Offline SteveS

• AmmoDump
  • First Name (Displayed): Steve
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 09:44:14 PM »

No, but I do expect a school to stop behavior that would be considered illegal almost everywhere else. 

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 09:49:03 PM »
Schools won't do anything about stuff like this, but if he would have said the other kids pointed finger guns at him, he would have gotten immediate action.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Punish the Law Abiding Victim while the Thug Criminals go Free
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 10:24:49 PM »

No, but I do expect a school to stop behavior that would be considered illegal almost everywhere else.

Agree. Physically assaulting and/or battering someone is not acceptable.

Verbal bullies should be shunned by their peers, but some of the meanest ppl I have known were kids.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 11:00:09 AM »
i have a my little pony lunch box!!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 12:29:49 PM »
i have a my little pony lunch box!!

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »
I've seen a fellow at some of the area 2A rallies that carries a large semi auto pistol in a retention holster with hello kitty stickers on it. Oddly enough...he is never bullied.... go figure.

Now to the point of this thread - school's are generally ran by some pretty irrational people, who teach our kids all sorts of conflicting ideas. #1 being follow the law....unless you don't like it....then just make up BS policy and enforce it as if it trumps the law you are supposed to follow. :o

That's a great life lesson for our future leaders... don't like the law...just circumvent it and to hell with what the law says!  ???
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »
don't like the law...just circumvent it and to hell with what the law says!  ???

Yep.