Author Topic: Open Carry Experience at the Canton Summit  (Read 2983 times)

Offline RCanton

• MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • First Name (Displayed): RCanton
Open Carry Experience at the Canton Summit
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:52:04 PM »
Hello Friends,

I have OC'ed at the Canton Summit several times. Here is a recap of my experience today (March 20, 2013):

I just had a positive experience at the Canton Summit when a young employee asked if I was Open Carrying, to which I replied yes. I told him why I OC and assurred him it is legal. He said, "We weren't sure if you were a cop or something and wanted to make sure you were not some crazy guy." I had him pull up MSP Legal Update #86. He commented saying, "If something bad happens here, now we have you to protect us." All in all, very positive experience.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Open Carry Experience at the Canton Summit
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:43:53 PM »
People like this are goofy (not in a bad way). He says he wanted to make sure you weren't some crazy guy? So he (assumed to be unarmed and not a death dealing ninja) speaks with you to find out? OK - but what if you were a NUT? Then what? Good on you for steering him to some info.
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993