Author Topic: guess whos back? back again.freak is back.tell a friend.  (Read 9283 times)

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
guess whos back? back again.freak is back.tell a friend.
« on: March 21, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »
Hey everyone, ive decided to come back after a 3 year hiatus.

For those of you that dont know me, my name is tyler and ive been very active in the OC community in previous years, starting before i was even 18.
i previously volunteered my time to help with OC presentations, the second amendment march and helped setup numerous open carry demonstrations.
that largely stopped after the CADL incident, which i realize wasnt the best idea, but thats beating a dead horse with a stick so lets leave it at that.

for those of you that have popped into the scene recently, i am currently a professional driver and have previously worked as a security contractor for the state of michigan and on occasion, music artists such as 3 doors down. i volunteer with a michigan search and rescue unit, Tomahawk 4H, the american red cross and on occasion, the well armed woman, if they do not have enough female volunteers in the area for an event. i have previously volunteered with the shiawassee co. emergency response team as well. I am a married father of two, a devout atheist and a libertarian. i am also a member of the southeast michigan volunteer militia and have been for some time, if you are interested in that please feel free to send me a PM.

my hobbies outside of volunteering include shooting, fishing, offroad driving, history, political debate, cooking, customizing firearms and video games.
my music interests are strictly prime country(80s and 90s style) and newgrass.
my movie interests are largely documentaries or science themed shows, but i also like justified, sons of anarchy, the shield and south park.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:28:59 AM by lil_freak_66 »
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: guess whos back? back again.freak is back.tell a friend.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 10:15:27 AM »
Hey everyone, ive decided to come back after a 3 year hiatus.

For those of you that dont know me, my name is tyler and ive been very active in the OC community in previous years, starting before i was even 18.
i previously volunteered my time to help with OC presentations, the second amendment march and helped setup numerous open carry demonstrations.
that largely stopped after the CADL incident, which i realize wasnt the best idea, but thats beating a dead horse with a stick :deadhorse:  so lets leave it at that.

for those of you that have popped into the scene recently, i am currently a professional driver and have previously worked as a security contractor for the state of michigan and on occasion, music artists such as 3 doors down. i volunteer with a michigan search and rescue unit, Tomahawk 4H, the american red cross and on occasion, the well armed woman, if they do not have enough female volunteers in the area for an event. i have previously volunteered with the shiawassee co. emergency response team as well. I am a married father of two, a devout atheist and a libertarian. i am also a member of the southeast michigan volunteer militia and have been for some time, if you are interested in that please feel free to send me a PM.

my hobbies outside of volunteering include shooting, fishing, offroad driving, history, political debate, cooking, customizing firearms and video games.
my music interests are strictly prime country(80s and 90s style) and newgrass.
my movie interests are largely documentaries or science themed shows, but i also like justified, sons of anarchy, the shield and south park.
Welcome back, Tyler. It is always good to have active volunteers that advocate for the preservation of our 2A rights. More especially, someone with experience.  :welcome: 
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Raggs

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 10:16:56 AM »
Welcome back!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »
Welcome back.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Hammurabi

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 01:42:23 PM »
It's good to see you active here.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 02:02:20 PM »

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »
haha been a long time since i seen that one.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 07:27:02 PM »
Tyler - if you ever get sick of MI, there is a sunny land that welcomes people who value freedom. Being FreeInAZ is awesome. ;)

"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 08:31:41 PM »
that was only my second open carry event i attended, i was 17 back then(and unarmed) it was the first one i setup, too.

im not in michigan much, since im driving for a living im usually out of state, not long ago i was in houston and it was nice and in the 90s.

almost got put into a situation where i could've been forced to shoot two dogs across the street from the busch(yes the beer) plant had i not seen them coming up the side of the truck before i opened the door to get out.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 09:03:14 PM »
You could have made some Chinese food.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 09:11:43 PM »
gee thanks....where im at for the only night, the only thing around is chinese food. which sounded good until now

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 09:52:01 PM »

Tyler - if you ever get sick of MI, there is a sunny land that welcomes people who value freedom. Being FreeInAZ is awesome. ;)

AZ, where they have a stop and ID law? That freedom?

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »
Mmm, excellent. Another libertarian.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: guess whos back? back again.freak is back.tell a friend.
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 01:54:20 AM »
AZ, where they have a stop and ID law? That freedom?

I believe that much of the law (I think you are speaking of)  has been ruled unconstitutional. FYI - AZ is not a stop & ID state.
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/arizona/immigration/article_75adc718-8601-11e2-b3a4-001a4bcf887a.html
Sb1070 is what you are talking of correct? If so, you are misinformed.

Is pistol registration freedom? Insurance red lining, police choosing to run ticket details over patrolling neighborhoods freedom? No place is perfect - period, but in AZ one without a permission slip can carry as they please (oc/cc/both)  in a: car or kroger buying food etc..& not have to worry about being dragged off to jail for simply wanting to be able to protect themselves. ;)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 10:30:26 AM »
ill be sure to look you up if i get out to AZ, im sure we could find some nfa fun to get into somewhere.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: guess whos back? back again.freak is back.tell a friend.
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 03:38:35 PM »
ill be sure to look you up if i get out to AZ, im sure we could find some nfa fun to get into somewhere.

Scottsdale Gun Club rents some really nice ones....which reminds me...still need to try the M60. ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:32:54 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:08 PM »
i got an offer from a writer on ttag for whenever im in the right part of texas, the more chances i get to shoot the better. m60 sounds very fun.
im more interested in destructive devices but f/a is just as much fun and easier to find =)