Author Topic: ***BREAKING*** Mark Witaschek found guilty  (Read 3727 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
***BREAKING*** Mark Witaschek found guilty
« on: March 27, 2014, 08:16:06 PM »
See http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,3792.msg30379.html#msg30379 for background.

Mark Witaschek has been found guilty in the District for attempting to possess illegal ammunition without having a gun registered in DC. The biggest problem with the verdict is that the ammunition in question is for antique replica muzzle loading weapons which are not required to be registered in the Nation’s Capital.

http://www.commdiginews.com/politics-2/witaschek-verdict-highlights-anti-gun-hypocrisy-13183/

This is complete

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: ***BREAKING*** Mark Witaschek found guilty
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »
More coverage:

Judge Robert Morin sentenced Mr. Witaschek to time served, a $50 fine and required him to enroll with the Metropolitan Police Department’s firearm offenders’ registry within 48 hours. In other words, Witaschek’s gun rights are gone and he could lose his license to practice at his financial management company.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/26/miller-exclusive-shock-verdict-mark-witaschek-guil/

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 10:01:35 PM »
This is complete lunacy! :o
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 08:19:39 AM »
DC gun laws are retarded. i would never consider moving there

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 10:47:04 AM »
I wonder at what speed the founding fathers are currently spinning in their graves? I also wonder a few other things on cases like this along the lines of the punishment for a government official that uses their position to subvert the rule of constitutional law. I believe part of the answer is fine hand laid Manila 7/8" right hand twist. -Michael
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 12:37:33 PM »
I wonder at what speed the founding fathers are currently spinning in their graves? I also wonder a few other things on cases like this along the lines of the punishment for a government official that uses their position to subvert the rule of constitutional law. I believe part of the answer is fine hand laid Manila 7/8" right hand twist. -Michael

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately. A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."