Author Topic: Call 911 and wait, and wait, and wait...  (Read 2979 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Call 911 and wait, and wait, and wait...
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:15:08 PM »
House was being invaded while homeowner was home.  No answer at 911--repeatedly.  No answer at the non-emergency number--repeatedly.  Finally got someone at a local station--and waited two hours.  After that she bought a gun.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Uptown-Family-Concerned-By-Lack-of-911-Response-After-Break-in-252108691.html

Offline Jeff

Re: Call 911 and wait, and wait, and wait...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 05:29:34 PM »
So, she did what anyone would do. Grabbed her phone and dialed 9-1-1.

With me it would be more like....Grabbed his AR-15 and after the intruder $#|t his pants and ran away he then called 911.  And hopefully if there were a confrontation in the home and I were unable to call after that, a neighbor would hear the gunfire and call for me.  But at that point it wouldn't even matter anymore because it would take them 15 minutes and I'd either be a corpse or the bad guy would be long gone.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 05:30:18 PM »
Call the police and call Jimmy John's see who shows up first.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 05:38:13 PM »
Call the police and call Jimmy John's see who shows up first.

LoL.  "HELP, there is a gang of people breaking into my house with crowbars"..."hello I would like to order a hawiian sub"

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 01:27:46 AM »
Something like this happened to my sister-in-law a few years back in Garden City, MI. I got a frantic call from her in the wee hours of the morning. Seems some crack head (she had never seen this person before) was trying to kick in her front door! Fortunately for her it was a steel door with a stout frame and strong bolt. I told her to dial 911. She said she had and they told her "no units were available and to call back if he got in"...wtf! I got there 15min later & bad guy had taken off. My sister-in-law had the good sense to hit the panic alarm on her car in the street, which seemed to scare the freak away after five minutes or so and neighbors turning on their lights.

The really sad thing - she lived roughly 3 blocks from the police station! They never came. She and I went out shortly afterwards and I helped her learn to shoot her newly bought 12 gauge shot gun. Up until that point she was anti gun. Now she carries a pistol daily. ;)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Jeff

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 05:29:49 PM »
yikes.  No units are available, have the murderer call us to pick up the body after he leaves if you don't mind.

Good thinking on the cars alarm.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 08:33:02 PM »
Something like this happened to my sister-in-law a few years back in Garden City, MI. I got a frantic call from her in the wee hours of the morning. Seems some crack head (she had never seen this person before) was trying to kick in her front door! Fortunately for her it was a steel door with a stout frame and strong bolt. I told her to dial 911. She said she had and they told her "no units were available and to call back if he got in"...wtf! I got there 15min later & bad guy had taken off. My sister-in-law had the good sense to hit the panic alarm on her car in the street, which seemed to scare the freak away after five minutes or so and neighbors turning on their lights.

The really sad thing - she lived roughly 3 blocks from the police station! They never came. She and I went out shortly afterwards and I helped her learn to shoot her newly bought 12 gauge shot gun. Up until that point she was anti gun. Now she carries a pistol daily. ;)

Funny how that makes them a believer!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.