Author Topic: Hello From Alpena.  (Read 6408 times)

Offline ProXaQ

Hello From Alpena.
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:01:09 AM »
I only became aware of this site yesterday, and I must say, I am impressed.

I've heard all the rumors and myths surrounding OC and CC. Its nice to know, there is a place to separate the fact from fiction. I have never open carried a firearm outside of the Military or DOC, and I'm starting to see the benefits of it, not just the draw, or deterrent factor, but the statement it makes as well.

I want to thank the authors and moderators and the site admin for an awesome job.

I will be reading much, much more.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Re: Hello From Alpena.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »
Welcome from Erie. Glad you found us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 10:25:48 AM »
Welcome from Okemos. :)

Be sure to sign up for our legislative alerts, event notifications, and newsletter.

http://miopencarry.org/updates/

In fact, here's a link to our latest newsletter.  Links to back issues are at the end of the newsletter.

http://miopencarry.org/moc_files/publications/newsletter/MOC-Newsletter-3.pdf

Offline ProXaQ

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 10:59:02 AM »
Done deal Gryphon, thanks for the links.

Offline woodtic31

• First Name (Displayed): Reg
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »
Welcome to the finest group of people I have ever met!
I see you are signed up for our updates.  :D
I am the Northern Michigan Regional Coordinator, !am hoping to have a dinner in Alpena in the near future.
http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,25.0.html this is a good place to start learning about Michigan's OC laws
North East Michigan Coordinator

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 12:45:30 PM »
welcome from north macomb county, however this weekend i am up in oscoda up by foote pond/dam.

looking forward to making an event while i am up here sometime :)

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »
welcome from Lansing-ish.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline ProXaQ

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »
Welcome to the finest group of people I have ever met!
I see you are signed up for our updates.  :D
I am the Northern Michigan Regional Coordinator, !am hoping to have a dinner in Alpena in the near future.
http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,25.0.html this is a good place to start learning about Michigan's OC laws

I will definitley be attending then. I've open carried many times in performance of past duties, but love the idea of open carry as a private citizen. This has truly inspired me. Finally have a nice day here in Alpena, looks like a perfect day for an OC walk with the wife.

P.S. I have read and re-read the "this is a good place to start learning about Michigan's OC laws" post.
Thank you for what you do here and all the good information.

Offline ProXaQ

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 04:37:29 PM »
welcome from north macomb county, however this weekend i am up in oscoda up by foote pond/dam.

looking forward to making an event while i am up here sometime :)
Thanks to you and everyone for the warm welcome, I wish I would of know about this site long ago. Its nice to see a gathering of like minded citizens.

Offline karudin

• First Name (Displayed): Gregg
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 03:39:49 PM »
Welcome from Howell, you'll find that once you start OC'ing it just doesn't make much sense to CC anymore haha. If you have any questions there is definitely a wealth of knowledge in this organization.

Offline Langenc

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 10:47:57 PM »
Join up and get a supply of the trifolds for your friends and those who ask questions, maybe even the police dept.

Offline woodtic31

• First Name (Displayed): Reg
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 05:25:46 AM »
Well be in Alpena May 18 for dinner @ 3:00 at the Big Boy. Check the events page!. ps: I will be bringing Tri-Folds. Hope to have a good turnout.
North East Michigan Coordinator