Author Topic: When asked to leave...  (Read 4206 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
When asked to leave...
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:57:26 PM »
This story is a couple of years old, but it was new to me and points out how something can quickly spiral out of control.

This West Point graduate and Army vet was asked to leave a Costco for carrying.  (He was CCing, but inadvertently exposed his gun when he squatted down to inspect some merchandise).  Instead of leaving, the man argued with the manager that it was legal.  The story indicates he worked it out with the manager as he was ready to check out anyway.  However, another store employee called the police anyway, and this is what ensued.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/cops-gun-down-man-for-legally-carrying-firearm/?cat_orig=diversions

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
Re: When asked to leave...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:12:31 PM »
As too often the case, law enforcement gets away with murder... literally.  Amazing how they can just make up stuff - absolute distortions of the truth (lies) and get away with it.  Do I like police officers?  On the whole, yes.  Do I trust them?  I try.  Do I consider them my friend?  Never.  Given the chance, too many have used their "authority" (given by "We, the People") to abuse their powers.  Then their fellow partners in crime help cover it up.  Look at how District Attorneys across America routinely pressure people to make false statements... through intimidation and outright lies.  Its because law enforcement is allowed to lie.  Its a part of their "game" that supposedly helps them get the confessions they need for convictions.  Just remember:  police are NOT your friends.  Do not engage in any conversation with them, because they can use anything you say against you... and they will.  This poor guy ended up losing his life, because a want-to-be cop (security) went nuts and murdered him, and gave false information to the police who ended up shooting the veteran too.  Remember, NEVER talk to a police officer.  Watch this incredible video by a law professor, explaining why: 

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
When asked to leave...
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »
The cops overreacted, yeah. That being said, the guy should have left when he was told to and then called the store manager after and straighten it out.  This is the course of action we have always advocated.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »
True Q, I agree completely - should have just left quietly.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 04:19:37 AM »
I got my flu shot from costco, the guy that did it didn't seem to mind that I was carrying, although he did drop the needle when he noticed it but didn't say anything and just grabbed another needle.