Author Topic: Enforcing the Second Amendment  (Read 10060 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Enforcing the Second Amendment
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »
I think my idea, flawed though it is as you guys have pointed out, is pretty clear. Fail a polygraph exam to make sure you're doing what you're supposed to, no government job. If it works in most states for cops, it can certainly work for others.
You have and idea. You admit it's flawed. Any other clearly flawed ideas?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Michigander

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 02:19:20 PM »
You have and idea. You admit it's flawed. Any other clearly flawed ideas?

Want to comment on the idea in a limited context, rather than the numbers being off if done too widely? Or is it just more fun to troll me?

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
I think my idea, flawed though it is as you guys have pointed out, is pretty clear. Fail a polygraph exam to make sure you're doing what you're supposed to, no government job. If it works in most states for cops, it can certainly work for others.

I think my idea, majorly flawed and borderline retarded though it is as you guys have pointed out, is pretty clear. Fail a polygraph exam to make sure you're doing what you're supposed to, no government job. If it works in most states for cops, it can certainly work for others.

FIFY

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 03:40:31 PM »
According to this there are about 22 million government workers.

At two polygraph tests per year, that would be 44,000,000 tests to be conducted yearly.

Assuming an extensive polygraph test could be administered (including filing the necessary paperwork) at a rate of 1 per hour, or 8 per day, it would take one person 5,500,000 days to conduct all of the tests, or a bit over 15,000 years.

Assuming 5 days of work per week and 50 weeks of work per year (2 weeks of vacation) 1 tester could effectively conduct (8 * 5 * 50) 2000 tests per year. Thus it would take (44 mil / 2000) about 22,000 testers to conduct all of the necessary tests (assuming the testers are not tested themselves).

Assuming a modest governmental benefit package of 50k per year, those 22,000 testers would cost roughly 1.1 Billion dollars per year.

However, once we account for government waste, overpayment and rising pay scales and benefits, my guess is by year 5 the price tag should be somewhere around 30-50 billion per year. :shoot-self:

On second thought, I don't want the job.

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 05:45:07 PM »
There are options some of them tried in US history. One option for dealing with those who serve the public is taking notes from the Greek Dracos; but not many modern folks like how he dealt with corruption. Establishing unpaid county grand juries is another option (though again that can be elected or be a required rota of the citizens in an area). The hard part is that good governance starts with an active citizenry that is not afraid to call a spade a spade. Than again, bringing back dueling could help a bit and properly using the laws that are on the books also helps. I mean mis-use of elected or public office for agendas contrary to the duties of said office are still sedition, and that road tends to lead folks towards trying to usurp the authority as the people have it. According to the constitution there are two options down that road, one involves fine hand laid manila.

Which is why the documents of the US are interesting in that they build upon one another and require the citizen to be responsible of themselves and their community. Anyone start talking to other folks and groups on how to go to the next step on this well done year could be? Snyder may have the money for the primary; but grassroots and modern media as well as feet on the street getting a message out can very much change an outcome. Just try to get rid of the electronic ballot machines. They are not for the benefit of the voter, trust me.     -Michael
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 07:13:45 PM »
President Obama just failed the lie detector test, now what?

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »
We the people have a right to a grand jury, meaning we can have grand jury remove elected political officials from office. It is our right to do so and we do not have to rely on bought and paid for political officials to do this for us. We all know how that would go. When we the people believe our elected officials have failed us we can move on it with a Grand Jury to have the official removed from office.

"Thus, the Constitution of the United States, as interpreted by the Supreme Court, gives rise to a fourth branch of government, the grand jury. We the people have been charged with oversight of the government in our roles as grand jurors. Yet, we have lost this right and the power it grants us. We wring our hands and lament, “What can we do? There is no hope,” when the answer lies right before our eyes.

At this critical time in American history, we must, for the protection of our constitutional republic, take back our power and act as powerful as the other three branches of government.

The law is on our side. We the people have the right and power under the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution to charge this government with crimes by returning presentments – regardless of whether the U. S. Attorneys or the federal judges agree with us. As the U. S. Supreme Court has so brilliantly stated, we are the “buffer between the Government and the people.”

We don’t have to ask the other three government branches’ permission to rein in the government – such will never come anyway – but need merely to exercise our “lost right” of the people’s grand jury, and then take back our government from its corporate facades and those employees, a.k.a. agents, who do their bidding.

All that’s wanting is persistence and determination. The Founders ventured their lives, fortunes and sacred honor to win freedom for themselves and their posterity. Should we risk any less? " (Sullivan).

Sullivan, Donald Lt. Colonel (Ret) "Lost Rights, Part 9: Right to a Grand Jury (the Fourth Branch of Government)" http://firstfreedom.net/2.htm .

“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline Michigander

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 11:51:09 PM »
I think my idea, majorly flawed and borderline retarded though it is as you guys have pointed out, is pretty clear. Fail a polygraph exam to make sure you're doing what you're supposed to, no government job. If it works in most states for cops, it can certainly work for others.

FIFY

If you have a better idea, the cordial thing would be to propose it, rather than trash talk me for whatever reason you chose to do so.