Author Topic: Court Orders Man To Remove Criticism Of Cop From The Internet  (Read 3322 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
This all stemmed from a noise complaint from a neighbor.  Cop stated that if the guy refused to turn over all of his guns to him, he was going to arrest him for disturbing the peace.  Guy refuses, so gets arrested.  Guy subsequently posted recordings of the encounter on YouTube and Facebook. And, on Instagram, he posted a picture of the cop alongside a photo of Saddam Hussein, with the caption “Striking Resemblance.”

The cop retaliated by obtaining a court order that prevented the guy he arrested from posting videos, pictures, and text data criticizing him on the Internet. Now the ACLU is sticking up for the gun owner, stating  “The ACLU will always push back against government censorship.”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/court-orders-man-remove-criticism-cop-internet/

ACLU: Klaffer v. Bledsoe

http://www.aclu-mo.org/legal-docket/klaffer-v-bledsoe/

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: Court Orders Man To Remove Criticism Of Cop From The Internet
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 04:32:53 PM »
Warning: I'm about to break my rule about not getting stupid on a thread reply. You've been warned.

If the judge that signed this order bit the bucket tomorrow, I'd damn well be tempted to take a trip just so I could piss on his grave.

That is all.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 04:34:59 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Warning: I'm about to break my rule about not getting stupid on a thread reply. You've been warned.

If the judge that signed this order bit the bucket tomorrow, I'd damn well be tempted to take a trip just so I could piss on his grave.

That is all.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 04:41:38 PM »

That is all.
An Irish jig would be more fun.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 04:43:41 PM »
This court order is probably the best thing that could have happened to the home owner and worst thing that could have happened to the officer. What? You didn't want attention? Here's your stupid court order and about 10x the attention you were previously getting.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 06:00:11 PM »

That is all.

How rude. You are supposed to pour a quart of good Irish whiskey (or beverage of your choice) on the grave .... You just drink it first to filter it!   :)