Author Topic: MO State Rep. gets death threats for gun control bill  (Read 2727 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
MO State Rep. gets death threats for gun control bill
« on: April 07, 2014, 05:11:23 PM »
A Missouri State Representative receives death threats after filing a gun control bill.  The legislation would have made it illegal for someone living in the City of St. Louis to own certain firearms. Representative Joshua Peters has since withdrawn the bill due to death threats.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/04/06/joshua-peters-threats-anti-gun-bill/7403175/

Some people are calling  :BS: on the death threats part of the story.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: MO State Rep. gets death threats for gun control bill
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »
A Missouri State Representative receives death threats after filing a gun control bill.  The legislation would have made it illegal for someone living in the City of St. Louis to own certain firearms. Representative Joshua Peters has since withdrawn the bill due to death threats.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/04/06/joshua-peters-threats-anti-gun-bill/7403175/

Some people are calling  :BS: on the death threats part of the story.

BS,  FBI doesn't take kindly to threats made to elected officials.  And besides, if he can't take the heat for standing up for what he believes in, he needs to go back to mopping bathroom floors.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Re: MO State Rep. gets death threats for gun control bill
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 05:55:17 PM »
Peters is an idiot on several levels.  Sigh.

"I didn't see anything wrong with the bill, I didn't see anything wrong with the bill at all," Peters said.

"It suggests making it a felony to transfer or sell a gun to someone who is not allowed to own a weapon, a felon or a minor."

Isn't it already illegal??

"I am not trying to take away the rights of individuals who lawfully supposed to have a gun, or who could carry a gun," said Peters, who explains these threats and the failed bill won't stop him from trying to clean up the city.

Sure, not trying to take our rights.