Author Topic: He’s making gun motions, send him to juvie  (Read 3037 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
He’s making gun motions, send him to juvie
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:57:40 AM »
Thirteen-year-old Ethan Chaplin was suspended for two days and had to undergo a psychological evaluation after another student complained that he was “twirling a pencil” like a gun.  Chaplin said he was “just twisting around a pencil with a pen cap on it when a student behind him yelled, ‘He’s making gun motions, send him to juvie.’”

Chaplin told officials he had repeatedly been bullied by the student who complained and that the complaint about the pencil was just an extension of that. But the school suspended him anyway, “pending the outcome of a psychological evaluation.”

Superintendent Charles Maranzano indicated that school policy and the law mandates that he investigate when anyone in school feels uncomfortable or threatened by another student.  "We never know what’s percolating in the minds of children. And when they demonstrate behaviors that raise red flags, we must do our duty.”

Video at link: http://newjersey.news12.com/news/vernon-teen-ethan-chaplin-suspended-from-school-for-pencil-gesture-1.7613736

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: He’s making gun motions, send him to juvie
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:02:16 AM »
Post my Michael Chaplin in the comments:

within 15 min of the camera crew showing up at the BOE building - the administrators who "were in meetings all day" and did not have time to see me" suddenly found their calendars clear and reached out to resolve the issue. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS!

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:12:14 AM »
The public school system will not like me when I have kids and if they attend
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 11:57:39 AM »
At least he didn't also have a hello kitty lunchbox or it would be more his fault for being picked on.