Author Topic: CJ Grisham testifying on OC at Texas Senate Committee after Ft. Hood shooting  (Read 5720 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
If you can't watch the entire thing, watch the end where the senator asks CJ, "don't you think open carrying will make people more likely to shoot others rather than if they just conceal carry?"

I don't know whether to :banglaugh: or .

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
CJ - notes a statistic that should be brought to the attention of MI. Legislators and it is as follows: since AZ passed Constitutional carry and it took effect in summer of 2010, violent crime has dropped almost 37%! I say again, nearly 37% (36.8 ), in a span of roughly 3.5 years, as of today's date!

So if MI law makers say they want to reduce violent crimes, then why are they not removing most of the hurdles in place to keep law-abiding citizens from carry a sidearm for their safety? Oh and a bonus for the anti OC crowd in Lansing - since AZ passed constitutional carry, most of the public has stopped OCing given the option of CCing without needing a permit.  If you look at the Tri-county/metro Detroit area of MI & the valley of the sun - metro Phoenix area, demographically they are not that different - so how is it, violent crime is so much greater in MI?

We know the answers, and I suspect some, if not most in Lansing do also. :o
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
CJ - notes a statistic that should be brought to the attention of MI. Legislators and it is as follows: since AZ passed Constitutional carry and it took effect in summer of 2010, violent crime has dropped almost 37%! I say again, nearly 37% (36.8 ), in a span of roughly 3.5 years, as of today's date!

And just because I moved from Az to Mi in 2010 doesn't mean I had anything to do with the numbers dropping!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Good speaker.

Spoke too long though. And consider a different color for the polo. It's jump suit orange :(
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
He probably supports Langhorn football. You see an awful lot of Texans and Okies running around in Orange when the Longhorns play the the OSU Cowboys.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
Yeah, that orange is horrible.  I'm here in Texas and I wear my Michigan blue (no offense to our MSU brothers), and it looks so much better than the ridiculous UT colors haha.  I started TOC (Texas Open Carry) prior to CJ's encounter and arrest, and subsequent launching of his OCT.  He went with the OCT name cause we'd already taken TOC and had thousands of followers.  I got booted from the very organization I helped launch, and those in charge ran it into the ground... providing a nice vacuum for which CJ was able to capitalize on with his new organization.  I am very happy for the success he's had, and glad to see he's finally coming around to back OC of handguns.   At first he wasn't concerned with OC of handguns, even during the push to get Governor Perry on board to back the various OC bills for handguns (nearly a complete failure on all legislative proposals in 2013).  But now, he's wise and taken up the OC of handguns as one of his group's primary goals.  This may be due to the fact that Greg Abbott, the Republican nominee for Governor here, announced in November, 2013 that he supports OC of handguns for Texans (though only for CHL holders).   But the fact remains that CJ Grisham has done an outstanding job at launching and promoting OCT, and is a great spokesman for the cause of freedom.  It couldn't have worked out any better.  Agree with the Q though... should keep it shorter, and wear a different color haha...

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
The shirt says "OCT", which makes me think it's an org shirt. Choose a different color!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
The shirt says "OCT", which makes me think it's an org shirt. Choose a different color!
It is, it's Open Carry Texas.