Author Topic: nite sights alternative  (Read 4260 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
nite sights alternative
« on: April 03, 2014, 08:50:16 AM »
http://www.nitesiters.com/Nitesiters_Handgun_Night_Sights.html

found these guys in a web search. might give em a try see how it works out

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
nite sights alternative
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:16:51 AM »
Exposure to light. Most safes I know are dark. I suppose if it's your EDC gun and you OC -- cool. If you CC... :(

Reminds me of various glow in the dark toys I had as a child.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
Re: nite sights alternative
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:43:21 AM »
it says needs a 5 min charge then good all night. i would prob charge. then carry as i normally do. just gotta charge for a few mins before heading out

Offline hubblejj

• First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »
Just ordered a set for my EDC, I'll try them out
When the Government fears the people you have Freedom, When the people fear the Government you have Tyranny

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »
let us know jason! inquiring mind seek the answer

Offline hubblejj

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 02:46:14 PM »
I'll try them out for awhile and report back
When the Government fears the people you have Freedom, When the people fear the Government you have Tyranny

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »
There might be a technical definition as how long they glow, but how bright they remain after an hour would be my question.  They could technically still illuminate after 6 hours, but your eyeballs can't pick it up any longer.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 07:15:40 PM »
Another option, little jewels from the craft store

Offline hubblejj

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 06:21:59 PM »
ok I got the sights.

So when I got them they looked ok, a little hinky, but seemed to be like they would work.  They are like the old glow in the dark stickers you used to get when you were a kid and would stick them on your ceiling in your bedroom to look like stars at night. 

I bought them for my stock glock sights.

They stuck to the sights pretty good, it came with some glue to put over the sticker to keep them in place a little better.  I used it on the back sight.  Made a mess.  So I did not put any on my front sight.  I really don't think that they will last a long time with any holster use or any real agressive running and gunning. But if you were going to use them just at the range they would work ok.

Now for how long they hold there charge.  NOT LONG AT ALL.  I charged them with a flashlight for 5 minutes and the charge only lasted for 2 hours.  Then I tried chargeing them with sun light for 5 miniutes, again they only lasted about 2 hours.  So I charged them in the sunlight for 8 hours, and yet again they only lasted for 2 hours.  So if you charged them and put them in a drawer or in a holster it will only last for about 2 hours. 

The only real senario that I can think of that they might work in is if you are in a shooting right before the sun goes down, they charge for a few minutes, then you would have some night sights for about 2 hours to contiue the fight until they go out.

My advice, save up and buy real night sights