Author Topic: How NOT to defend yourself in a situation ~ This guy is in BIG trouble  (Read 4885 times)

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
I understand Detroit is a rough city and that this guy was probably just trying to protect his business but this is what we get when people let their anger get the best of them. This guy messed up big time, probably will get charged with several felonies and business demonstarted against and picketed... Al Sharpton and his cronies will also probably be out thier.

Horrible story; bad for the average gunner... and how NOT to defend yourself and your property... What can we learn from this??

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25240027/man-worker-pulled-ar-15-during-confrontation

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Metro PCS? Auorahem Safar?

I thought this was a bad joke?

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
I bet that clerk wishes this nightmare would just go away... a bad joke but just by the way he is handling the situation like crediting the guys account double it looks like he knows he's in trouble. Interesting name to say the least Lol...

Offline LD

• Legal Musings
Anybody concerned about the raciest comments made by the "victim"?

"He don't deserve our money"
"He don't respect us."
"He in our neighborhood, we not in his."

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
its a cellhpone store in detroit.

arab owned, probably robbed a few times. hence the glass and a guy with a AR> he made a bad call and will have to answer to it

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
YEP I worked at a small liquor store in the projects at warren and connors accross from Chandler Park in the 1980's.  PARKSIDE Projects... I have been through all of that and its not fun. I can't tell you how many times we were almost robbed, we were shot at from a distance on serveral occassions while closing the iron gates to go home. 3 homicides later, none involving employees, as well as 2 shootouts in the store again not by us employees.

Its rough working and owning a business as a minority in Detroit I get that. When people fear you word gets around the Hood, don't mess with that store those people are crazy and then you have no problems. Just how it was. The police would NEVER show up even back then. When they did they rolled past and that was it. We handled are own back then; because we had no other choice PERIOD. We fist fought everyother day literally and people knew we meant business. Don't get me wrong, the community loved us because we respected the community and helped out quite a bit with the people there. Also helped build rec centers etc... We knew who the bad people were and who were our good customers. We knew who would rob, steal and who was legit. I remember people respected us because they knew we could and would hold our own by whatever means neccessary. You have to use a ghetto mentality and be tough out there in the jungle. We didnt even have bulletproof glass until the late 80's when the younger kids started shooting alot.

Like I said he was probably trying to protect his business the way he knew that neighborhood would understand. Just made a wrong call, in the heat of the moment very easy to do.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
i worked on a car wash on detroit's west side in a past life. it was pretty rough in that area. it seems we got robbed so much that we didnt keep more than $20 on us and thankfully that was usually enough since they knew we couldnt get into the floor safe once we made a money drop. thankfully no one ever was shot but i did see my fair share of guns and that made me want to get out of the hood.

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
Glad we BOTH made it out.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
Glad we BOTH made it out.
+1

i went from hoodlum to redneck. rather be a redneck than dead or in jail. amazing how choices we make can change ones life

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Anybody concerned about the raciest comments made by the "victim"?

"He don't deserve our money"
"He don't respect us."
"He in our neighborhood, we not in his."
Not really, aside from the poor grammar?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update