Author Topic: Homeowners defending themsevles have gone too far  (Read 3646 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Homeowners defending themsevles have gone too far
« on: April 12, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »
This is the kind of crap community leaders spew here in Michigan, encouraged by the people!

Ron Scott says that homeowners who have been defending themselves against criminals in their own homes in Detroit are "vigilantes" and have gone too far, and blasts the Detroit police chief for letting people think they have the right to use deadly force in defense of themselves in their own homes.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25220256/homeowners-using-deadly-force-against-intruders-has-it-gone-too-far

In other news, this Detroit woman didn't use deadly force to defend herself:

Woman found shot in her Detroit home, stuffed in closet

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25187234/woman-found-shot-in-her-detroit-home-stuffed-in-closet

Offline Jeff

Re: Homeowners defending themsevles have gone too far
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »
On March 25, a homeowner with a valid concealed weapons license
I don't understand why they would need to add this information when it happened in a home.  To make a statement that CPL holders are vigilantes?

He says they are looking for witnesses who can help get criminals off the streets.

Shooting them is the most effective way to get them off the streets. :p

-------

Her dog was also found shot in the leg
BASTARDS!!. 

Why didn't anyone hear the gunshots 3 days earlier?  Suppressor?  Gunshots not really that loud when in a house for neighbors?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 10:29:51 AM »
Gunshots not really that loud when in a house for neighbors uncommon?

fify

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 10:31:31 AM »
I don't understand why they would need to add this information when it happened in a home.  To make a statement that CPL holders are vigilantes?

Why not look at this as a positive? CPL holder KNOWS the laws etc.? Maybe this is what the writer had in mind.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 11:44:20 AM »
Gunshots not really that loud when in a house for neighbors uncommon?

fify

I considered that as well, I was hoping that was not the issue.  That's a scary place to live in if you are so desensitized from hearing gun shots. 

In my neighborhood if anyone ever heard a gunshot the police would be coming to my door because they all see me carrying while I walk the dogs and while i am outside in general.  At least MAYBE someone would send the police.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 12:53:56 PM »
I considered that as well, I was hoping that was not the issue.  That's a scary place to live in if you are so desensitized from hearing gun shots. 

Check this story out:

Then, on Friday, Devon was riding with his bike with his 19-year-old sister when he says they saw that neighbor drive up in her white van. Devon says the van almost hit him before swerving over and hitting his sister.  He says he chased the van, which pulled into a driveway about a block down.

That's when a man with a gun ran out of the house. Devon says the man shot at him several times, then a woman jumped out of the van and also started shooting. He was not struck, but says a bullet whizzed by his face and almost hit his eye.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25229194/family-thinks-teen-was-purposefully-hit-by-car-after-neighborhood-fight

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 01:57:55 PM »
That's a scary place to live in if you are so desensitized from hearing gun shots. 

Out where I used to live, we heard gunshots all the time and never thought a thing about it. A lot of them were from me though.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Jeff

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
Out where I used to live, we heard gunshots all the time and never thought a thing about it. A lot of them were from me though.

:banglaugh:

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 12:33:06 PM »
when i grew up in westside detroit. i heard gunshots more nights than i didnt. sad but true

Offline Scott Leyder

• First Name (Displayed): Scott
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »
Sure would like to see the press go to far in it's use of the first amendment and actually report the news without biased opinion.