Author Topic: Hello from Evart.  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Scott Leyder

• First Name (Displayed): Scott
Hello from Evart.
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:32:51 PM »
I am not really new but, I have not introduced myself on this page so, I will do so now.  I live in the city of Evart and am fairly centrally located.  Basically 30 minutes from both Big Rapids and Cadillac and, about 45 minutes from Mt. Pleasant.  I used to work at Dean Foods but, our largest customer decided to open their own dairy and when 90% of your business dries up door shut.  I am currently going to DeVry University online for Computer Engineering.  It is pretty difficult to do all of it online but, my wife has a in home child daycare and if I went to CMU or Ferris State we would lose a number of kids that she could watch.  Anyway, I do still have time to get out some.  I plan on taking some defensive training classes with Dave Fowler at his range he is working on.  Anyone interested in checking it out is more than welcome to come along.  I can provide you with info if interested.  Also, I am kind of wondering how many members are around this area.  I see there is one up in Cadillac.  Any others that are close?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Hello from Evart.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 10:04:27 PM »
Welcome from Okemos. :)  I know exactly where Evart is.  You have  the world's largest hammered dulcimer gathering there every summer, the ODPC Funfest!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Hello from Evart.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 12:32:55 AM »
I graduated from Marion HS. Small world.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Scott Leyder

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 12:43:39 PM »
I suspect we were in school close to the same time.  I grew up at Hick's Lake, which is just south of 15 mile when heading west just past 90th ave.  To get to the boat launch you have to drive 14 mile.  Anyway, I have pretty much been in this area most of my life except for 4 years down in Grand Rapids after High School. 

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Hello from Evart.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 02:15:06 PM »
'99
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Scott Leyder

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 09:32:47 PM »
Ok, well I guess I am a little older than you.  You where still in grade school when I was graduating I guess.  You are much closer to my youngest siblings time.  Sheesh, now I feel old!