Author Topic: I'd vote for her  (Read 2894 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
I'd vote for her
« on: April 25, 2014, 12:05:33 PM »

HESPERIA (CBSLA.com) — A campaign sign for a 32-year-old Lake Arrowhead woman running for a state Assembly seat in the 33rd District is stirring up controversy in the high desert.

Michelle Ambrozic’s sign depicts a woman holding a rifle with the message: Less Government. Lower Taxes. Liberty.

“My belief [is] that the Second Amendment is very important to protect,” she said. “It’s not a gimmick. I think there are not enough people out there talking about the Second Amendment who are running for office, and I find it disturbing that somebody would say this is disturbing,” she said.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/04/23/state-assembly-hopefuls-campaign-sign-depicts-rifle-toting-woman/

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
Re: I'd vote for her
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »
LOL, the candidate who's a 33 year police veteran called it a sniper rifle. It looks like a 22. Just because it has a scope, doesn't make it a sniper rifle. Who's the one stirring the pot? He's in favor of the 2nd amendment, but.....
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline Jeff

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 01:02:41 PM »
I think it's a single shot air rifle :p

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »
I think it's a single shot air rifle :p

most leos aren't gun guys.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 06:09:25 PM »
most leos aren't gun guys.

The LEOs I've met are gun guys.  They want their own an no-one else to have them.  The LEOs I've met that aren't gun guys are public safety officers that only want to be firefighters.

My guess is that he called it a sniper rifle, not out of ignorance, but to then tie it to a previous shooting.  Political gamesmanship...

“I’m very pro-Second Amendment, but it sends a message out there today. That’s a sniper rifle; that’s used to kill people at 1,000 yards or more. We just had a young man that was killed in Victorville with a sniper rifle less than a year ago. What kind of message does that send?” he said.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Langenc

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 01:18:46 PM »
An attitude that permeates or society in many ways--

Horrah for me--to hexx with you.

Guns are one area where it is prevalent esp 'for the children' who are being killed at an alarming rate.. Keep in mind that "children" as govt knows it are those 22 YEARS old and under. They may drive a Mercedes w/ load of pot/meth, harmles tos many peoples minset, a couple guns and lots of cash-children.