Author Topic: Delaware’s 3D Printed Gun Ban Bill Revealed  (Read 2161 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Delaware’s 3D Printed Gun Ban Bill Revealed
« on: May 08, 2014, 10:39:09 AM »

“First, let me apologize for the poor quality,” Delaware State Representative Jeffery Spiegelman writes. “This bill (137) was circulated today for cosponsors and I only had a couple of seconds to take a picture of it with my cell phone. In other words, it is not even online for public viewing yet. Here are my initial thoughts . . .

-How do you enforce this if 3d printers are legal, the computer file needed for the 3d printer is legal, and neither are traceable?

-Why does the bill mention parts that are not part of the legal definition of a firearm (in other words, by the letter of this law, after the mentioned parts are removed, the gun could still retain metal sights or other parts and be legal or illegal?  If the whole firearm is plastic for a metallic serial number plate, is that illegal?)

-Is the plastic magazine and similar parts illegal or only illegal when attached to a legally defined firearm?

-Is there an official hand held metal detector setting?  Commercial metal detectors can detect the iron content of a person’s blood.

-What is undetectable ammunition?

-What is an undetectable magazine?

-Will existing firearms/parts be grandfathered?  How would it be known if they are pre or post ban if printed firearms and parts are not dated?