Author Topic: Letter from a Marine  (Read 4161 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Letter from a Marine
« on: May 10, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »
Excerpts:

...it seems for some that a gun is now a device to reduce or allay their fears and insecurity...they don't seem to trust the government or the police to do the job.

My Marine Corps experience tells me that most people using a pistol or weapon cannot hit what they're shooting at even at close range...if they're lucky to be close enough to hit something critically important on the assailant, the assailant would just take the gun away and use it on them. Hitting a barn door is maybe an exception.

For my part, no one carrying a gun is welcome in my home. If possible, I will trade only in those places that have a sign posted "No Guns Allowed — Leave Guns Outside" similar to "No Smoking" signs.

Personally, I wish we had a sheriff like Wyatt Earp who took guns away from people when they came to town. Oh, for the good ole days!

http://www.news-leader.com/story/opinion/readers/2014/05/08/letter-insecurity-drives-gun-advocates/8869425/

Offline Jeff

Re: Letter from a Marine
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 02:04:53 AM »
 :mad:

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 01:41:23 PM »
False flag. Or, this joker needs to get out more....
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 09:40:27 AM »
The amount of Marines I personally know this is a false flag as Shadow Bear has pointed out. Heck might even be the jerk in Georgia trying another tack to get his anti-gun message out.

What this is and will continue to be, is an attempt to equate gun ownership with mental illness. Do not take the CDC finding that gun owners are more mentally stable than those who don't own guns as a safety. The Anti-guns groups are ramping up and pouring huge amounts money into it.

You have folks being paid to go on talk circuits to help folks bring "safety" to their communities. I know that I am over here in the UK but what we see in US media and how it is being sold to the public is not good. I am former USAR and was part of a non military group that helped train military and other groups by using old Warsaw Pact (Soviet) fighting against them. This has all the markings of PsyOps. Hillary and other DNC big wigs talking to MD's, Psychologists, and Academics about how to deal with the mental health issue of gun ownership.

There really needs to be a concentrated program by real civil rights groups to defend the 2A and to continue to expose these groups and this agenda in the most ugly light possible. As a few folks know we are working on moving back to the US (Yes there are places with worse government issues [folks are great, government sucks] than the US, what is happening in the EU is a good example). This battle must be fought and I give high praise to the work that MOC and the other Michigan gun owners groups have done to move things forward.

Keep carrying and keep active. -Michael
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline Cameraman

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »
This is more Propaganda from the Far Left, I don"t care a Wit about HIS Marine Corp Experience, mine however was quite different That is why I have a 1911 as close as my Reading Glasses..Barn Door Indeed!

Semper Fi