Author Topic: Kalamazoo SWAT raids wrong house  (Read 3395 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Kalamazoo SWAT raids wrong house
« on: May 12, 2014, 09:43:41 PM »
Their parents tell us, police made a mistake, and now they're left to cope with the trauma.

"I thought it was somebody either trying to rob us, or hurt us," said Jeremy Handley. Handley tells us after the KDPS SWAT team busted through his back door, he and his wife Becky were handcuffed and searched.  "He had me sprawl out right here on the floor, and then he had me put my hands behind my back," said Handley.

And Handley's two children, ran and hid in a bedroom closet.  "We were staying quiet, because we thought they were bad guys coming in," said 7-year-old Brenden Handley.

Police then ransacked his home. "Every drawer, every cabinet, every piece of paper." According to the search warrant, police were looking for cocaine, drug money and guns. After nearly three hours, Becky says police turned up empty handed, and showed us the document they left to prove it.

"They apologized at the end of interviewing me," said Becky Handley.  Police gave Handley's children some stuffed animals, but he says they haven't stopped the nightmares.

"One dream was about Chum coming in our house with a gun, saying get on the ground," said 8-year-old Aurora Handley. Jeremy tells us he doesn't want his kids to be afraid of police, and is hoping they'll provide a new door and counseling for his traumatized family.

"It made me sad and scared," said Aurora.

http://www.wwmt.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wwmt_swat-raid-kalamazoo-turns-up-emptyhanded-frightens-family-20656.shtml

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/07/wrongful-police-raid-convinces-adorable-kids-that-chum-is-coming-to-kill-them/

Offline Jeff

Re: Kalamazoo SWAT raids wrong house
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 10:04:43 PM »
This has to be incorrect, because the police are infallible.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Kalamazoo SWAT raids wrong house
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:28:13 PM »
Lawsuit
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Kalamazoo SWAT raids wrong house
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 05:04:00 AM »
Lawsuit
Tax payers pay for damages, cops get an attaboy and a promotion.  Business as usual.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: Re: Kalamazoo SWAT raids wrong house
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 08:44:50 AM »
Tax payers pay for damages, cops get an attaboy and a promotion.  Business as usual.

Unfortunate, but true!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 10:08:19 AM »
Lawsuit
He can't even get the PD to pay for his door that was rammed in by SWAT.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 10:58:52 AM »
Who provided the info for the warrant?

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 12:08:54 PM »
Correction, taxpayers pay for the plaintiff's attorney, plus an extremely small amount of inconvenience $