Author Topic: I Refuse To Be A Victim  (Read 11353 times)

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« on: May 14, 2014, 02:06:14 PM »
I refuse to be a victim. I refuse to willingly let let someone violate my rights. I OC and  CC, it mostly depends on what I'm wearing, or how I feel that day. Why do I open carry sometimes and choose not to other times? In short, because I can.  Some people act very different around me when I OC compared to when I CC. But I don't let them get to me when they are rude. Because their comfort ability does not trump my rights.   I choose to carry either way because:

I refuse to willingly let a thuggish criminal violate my rights by robbing me, assaulting me or murder me.
I refuse to willingly let a Police Officer violate my rights by illegal search and seizure or prying in to my privacy or wait on him/her if a crime is committed and need them to "save" me.
I refuse to willingly let a Politician or Gun Control Person to violate my rights by revoking my Right To Bear Arms, or take my weapons.

I've been all around the world, and in my day, I've had a few scraps. I'm an above average size person, and when I was younger, I could handle myself in a bout of fisticuffs no problem, you win some, you lose some. As I've gotten older, I have realized there's no way I could effectively defend myself against most violent assaults, so a weapon makes it an equal playing field. So if a younger more athletic person gets it in his head, that he wants my money or my car, and he will violently assault me to get it, it will not be without a fight. I just use something other than my fists nowadays.

I am NOT a proponent of violence, nor would I ever violate someone else's rights willingly, I respect my fellow man too much to do so, as I follow the Golden Rule as much as I can.

I find it very shocking and offensive that someone would want to take away my right, as an Armed Forces Veteran, as Law Enforcement Veteran and more importantly a CITIZEN of this country. Other countries find us archaic and rearward thinking for our Pro Gun laws, but that is what my country was founded on, and I will never apologize nor be ashamed of who I am or where I live.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
Re: I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 10:48:03 AM »
I refuse to be a victim. I refuse to willingly let let someone violate my rights. I OC and  CC, it mostly depends on what I'm wearing, or how I feel that day. Why do I open carry sometimes and choose not to other times? In short, because I can.  Some people act very different around me when I OC compared to when I CC. But I don't let them get to me when they are rude. Because their comfort ability does not trump my rights.   I choose to carry either way because:

I refuse to willingly let a thuggish criminal violate my rights by robbing me, assaulting me or murder me.
I refuse to willingly let a Police Officer violate my rights by illegal search and seizure or prying in to my privacy or wait on him/her if a crime is committed and need them to "save" me.
I refuse to willingly let a Politician or Gun Control Person to violate my rights by revoking my Right To Bear Arms, or take my weapons.

I've been all around the world, and in my day, I've had a few scraps. I'm an above average size person, and when I was younger, I could handle myself in a bout of fisticuffs no problem, you win some, you lose some. As I've gotten older, I have realized there's no way I could effectively defend myself against most violent assaults, so a weapon makes it an equal playing field. So if a younger more athletic person gets it in his head, that he wants my money or my car, and he will violently assault me to get it, it will not be without a fight. I just use something other than my fists nowadays.

I am NOT a proponent of violence, nor would I ever violate someone else's rights willingly, I respect my fellow man too much to do so, as I follow the Golden Rule as much as I can.

I find it very shocking and offensive that someone would want to take away my right, as an Armed Forces Veteran, as Law Enforcement Veteran and more importantly a CITIZEN of this country. Other countries find us archaic and rearward thinking for our Pro Gun laws, but that is what my country was founded on, and I will never apologize nor be ashamed of who I am or where I live.

:woohoo: someone with similar thinking!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 01:05:51 PM »

Just curious, do you pay taxes?

If so, do you pay them because you want to pay them?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 01:22:35 PM »
Just curious, do you pay taxes?

If so, do you pay them because you want to pay them?

Just wondering what this comment has to do with gun rights, open carry, or the OP obvious comment regarding being robbed by a criminal? Your comment of taxes is irrelevant as sadly taxes are legal where robbery isn't.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 01:39:08 PM »
Just wondering what this comment has to do with gun rights, open carry, or the OP obvious comment regarding being robbed by a criminal? Your comment of taxes is irrelevant as sadly taxes are legal where robbery isn't.

Taxes are robbery when they are unwillingly paid.  Just because 80-some guys in Lansing say that it's legal doesn't mean it's not robbery.

the taking of the property of another from his or her person or in his or her immediate presence, against his or her will, by violence or intimidation.

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 04:40:33 PM »
I do pay taxes, willingly. Why would I want to be a sponge on society?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 04:43:45 PM »
Oh. Then you're not being victimized.

I, on the other hand, would rather not pay for many, many things the US Government does.

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 04:50:29 PM »
I don't agree with a lot of the things my taxes go for. But on the other hand, it is much better to work and pay my taxes, than be a bum and let the state pay me for sitting on my butt. Freedom isn't free, I am reminded of that every paycheck, bit it's gladly paid to live in the country I love, and would still kill and die for.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 04:57:09 PM »

I don't agree with a lot of the things my taxes go for. But on the other hand, it is much better to work and pay my taxes, than be a bum and let the state pay me for sitting on my butt. Freedom isn't free, I am reminded of that every paycheck, bit it's gladly paid to live in the country I love, and would still kill and die for.

Wouldn't you rather work and not pay taxes that are taken by force? Or better yet pay voluntarily to our government for the things you DO support?

I wasn't suggesting ANYWHERE that you join the welfare class.

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »
It's is simple as what I said for me. When I think change is due, I vote, even though it seems I've been on the losing team lately. To your question of paying only for what I agree with funding, that's just not the way it works, nor will it ever. I wake up every morning, go to work and do my part. I would love to get people off of welfare, but that's not my area of expertise, I sure couldn't tell you how to do it, but if you do there's probably a future for you in politics. For me, I'll keep on doing my thing, no one hassles me, I still have a means of protection, food on my stomach and a roof over my head.

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 05:14:50 PM »
Let me clarify, the food belongs IN my stomach

Offline casper

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 09:37:51 PM »
Delete.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:22:23 PM by casper »

Offline LD

• Legal Musings
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 07:00:38 AM »
Wouldn't you rather work and not pay taxes that are taken by force? Or better yet pay voluntarily to our government for the things you DO support?

I wasn't suggesting ANYWHERE that you join the welfare class.

That's what I do, my taxes only go for the things I approve of.
Your taxes pay for the stuff I refuse to.

When you consider all the government programs being funded, there is NO WAY my money could even contribute $.01 to each & every one of them. So.... I just figure the all knowing government only uses my money for things I approve of.

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »

To the OP'er, we must get used to not calling our guns "weapons". Look up the definition. Just say'in.

What shall I call it, a hammer? A paper target  ventilator? Heater, piece, pea shooter? I consider them a tool, but I can't bring myself to put my "tool" in the safe, it rather confuses my wife.

Offline casper

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »
What shall I call it, a hammer? A paper target  ventilator? Heater, piece, pea shooter? I consider them a tool, but I can't bring myself to put my "tool" in the safe, it rather confuses my wife.

Deleted. :-X
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:29:57 PM by casper »

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 03:34:30 PM »
Thank you.

Offline dhardy57

Re: Re: I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 09:22:29 AM »
What's wrong with just calling it a gun ?  I'm very sorry for touching a nerve with you. Call it whatever you want.

The gentleman raises an interesting question.  Why shouldn't our guns be called a "weapon"? That what it is, a weapon.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 09:43:05 AM »
I was always corrected to call them weapons when I was in the Army, this is why I still call them weapons. Old habits are hard to break.

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »
Lets just call them "arms" like our Founders did, declaring:  "the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".  In Heller v. DC, the Supreme Court ruled that "to keep and bear arms" means, precisely, "to possess and carry firearms".  So we could call them firearms too...  But I'm good with all the others:  weapons, guns, pistols, handguns, etc... 

Let's just all work together to ensure the possession and carry of these are not infringed.

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »
+1

Offline casper

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »
Deleted. :-X

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:28:48 PM by casper »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 02:52:04 PM »
What shall I call it, a pea shooter?

Only if you carry a Five-seveN.

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 05:10:10 PM »

I'll delete my first reply, as it seams no one gets it. Nothing wrong with making the terminology more palatable to the anti-gun folk.

I got it. Why should I change when they're the one with the problem?

Offline ProXaQ

I Refuse To Be A Victim
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »

A boom-chi

Offline LD

• Legal Musings
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 12:35:25 PM »
I'll delete my first reply, as it seams no one gets it. Nothing wrong with making the terminology more palatable to the anti-gun folk.

I don't know why you would worry about it, he obviously didn't know what you were talking about anyway.
By using the word "weapon" you totally confused him.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 02:51:41 PM »

Don't insult Peas.

Offline casper

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »
I don't know why you would worry about it, he obviously didn't know what you were talking about anyway.
By using the word "weapon" you totally confused him.
Wow, saying something on this forum really brings out the ridicule.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:27:44 PM by casper »