Author Topic: 2 separate LEO encounter at work lastnight  (Read 6688 times)

Offline Rustykeys

2 separate LEO encounter at work lastnight
« on: May 15, 2014, 08:52:28 AM »
While at work at the Pharmacy in Dundee last night the 2 officers from the Dundee police department stopped in for non-police related business. I noticed the woman police officer who was featured in a positive OC LEO counter on youtube back in March. I approached her and said we are blessed with the youtube star at our store. She smiled and said, "OMG you too?" We chatted for a bit, her and her partner have no problem with OC. She was upset however that she was video taped with video being placed on youtube. She said that shouldn't be allowed and didn't know why it was on youtube. I told her because it was a positive encounter with LEO's. She said she didn't even know she was being video taped and she thinks that is wrong. I told her, too often we have negative encounters with LEO's and that bad cops are the reason for video taping. It's to protect ourselves.

About an hour later, 2 of the Volunteers from the Dundee police dept. stopped in. I know the one guy and I said yet again we are being blessed by the dept. just messing with the guy. I told him 2 LEO's were in earlier and I confronted the one about the positive OC video. Well obviously that touched a chord with him and lead to a discussion. I told him that I open carry and he said if your walking down the street and someone calls, we will have to come and investigate. I said I don't have a problem with that. He then said that it's possible you could be charged with creating a disturbance because you made the public feel uncomfortable. I told him if I haven't done anything wrong and am completely within the law then I'm innocent and the person calling is the one with the problem. I told him that if I'm walking down the sidewalk minding my own business, within the law, you cannot forbid me from ever walking down that same sidewalk in front of that persons house just because they have a problem with it. Yes we can. What? I said and that's how and why police dept.'s get sued and cost the public tax dollars. He said I doubt that we could be sued for that. I said for violating my rights? Told him my rights are from border to border and coast to coast. I am on public property walking down a sidewalk. You can't create a 2nd amendment free zone in front of that persons home just because I was OC. Well, we will discuss this later he said. I told him he should join this website and some others to become enlightened. Sadly, he is also on the Dundee council. Wonder what would happen if I or a few of us others from the area would happen to show up OC for a council meeting? That would be baiting which I really don't agree with but it almost seems it needs to be done.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: 2 separate LEO encounter at work lastnight
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »
While at work at the Pharmacy in Dundee last night the 2 officers from the Dundee police department stopped in for non-police related business. I noticed the woman police officer who was featured in a positive OC LEO counter on youtube back in March. I approached her and said we are blessed with the youtube star at our store. She smiled and said, "OMG you too?" We chatted for a bit, her and her partner have no problem with OC. She was upset however that she was video taped with video being placed on youtube. She said that shouldn't be allowed and didn't know why it was on youtube. I told her because it was a positive encounter with LEO's. She said she didn't even know she was being video taped and she thinks that is wrong. I told her, too often we have negative encounters with LEO's and that bad cops are the reason for video taping. It's to protect ourselves.

About an hour later, 2 of the Volunteers from the Dundee police dept. stopped in. I know the one guy and I said yet again we are being blessed by the dept. just messing with the guy. I told him 2 LEO's were in earlier and I confronted the one about the positive OC video. Well obviously that touched a chord with him and lead to a discussion. I told him that I open carry and he said if your walking down the street and someone calls, we will have to come and investigate. I said I don't have a problem with that. He then said that it's possible you could be charged with creating a disturbance because you made the public feel uncomfortable. I told him if I haven't done anything wrong and am completely within the law then I'm innocent and the person calling is the one with the problem. I told him that if I'm walking down the sidewalk minding my own business, within the law, you cannot forbid me from ever walking down that same sidewalk in front of that persons house just because they have a problem with it. Yes we can. What? I said and that's how and why police dept.'s get sued and cost the public tax dollars. He said I doubt that we could be sued for that. I said for violating my rights? Told him my rights are from border to border and coast to coast. I am on public property walking down a sidewalk. You can't create a 2nd amendment free zone in front of that persons home just because I was OC. Well, we will discuss this later he said. I told him he should join this website and some others to become enlightened. Sadly, he is also on the Dundee council. Wonder what would happen if I or a few of us others from the area would happen to show up OC for a council meeting? That would be baiting which I really don't agree with but it almost seems it needs to be done.
First, why would it be wrong to record any public servant in the performance of their duties?
Second, the volunteer is wrong on so many points that it's not even worth bothering with. He's just plain ignorant of the law.
And third, how would it be
baiting" if a group of community residents were to attend a Council meeting of their community to express dissatisfaction with a community employee that is determined to unlawfully enforce the law?

I suggest you actually do attend a council meeting to do just that.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline casper

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:31:23 PM »
That's the problem , law infringement thinks they can do whatever they want. The courts never find them guilty of anything either. So until they are held accountable, nothing will change.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »
That's the problem , law infringement thinks they can do whatever they want. The courts never find them guilty of anything either. So until they are held accountable, nothing will change.

hahah im going to start using that.... law infringement officers

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »
NO NO NO

They do NOT have to investigate because someone called.  Dispatch should screen for ILLEGAL behavior before wasting the LIO's time.

Offline casper

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:35:16 PM »
NO NO NO

They do NOT have to investigate because someone called.  Dispatch should screen for ILLEGAL behavior before wasting the LIO's time.
A giant +1 on that statement. LIO's  ;D

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »
listening to the scanner for detroit cental dispatch. you would be amazed how many "man with a gun" or "man walking down street with a gun" calls they get. probably dont even stop to ask if its in a holster or not.

Offline Divegeek

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 09:59:21 AM »
Which Dundee council member are we talking about?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 12:01:06 PM »
listening to the scanner for detroit cental dispatch. you would be amazed how many "man with a gun" or "man walking down street with a gun" calls they get. probably dont even stop to ask if its in a holster or not.

Do you listen to a hardware scanner or an internet scanner feed?  Do you hear the responding officers' responses and call backs?

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 12:28:27 PM »
internet feeds. dont hear call backs. just the outgoing dispatch calls

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 01:37:15 PM »
Too bad, the responses from the cops might be more interesting.